Should I be worried?!

Thread: Should I be worried?!

Kathryn Guest

DefaultShould I be worried?!

Late lastnight I took Maggie and Dakota out into the yard to run free and play ball.
    Maggie came in got her drink and did her I'M HOT I'M HOT dance around the house.
    then about 2 hours later she start coughing really hard for a good 30-45 mins.
    She slept really good no coughing or anything. woke up no coughing* during the day she coughed here and there.
    Tonight we went out and played since it was MUCH cooler and did some more running.
    She came back in and is coughing a little more but not as bad as lastnight.
    How long should I wait if her cough doesn't go away before taking her in?

:'( I know I worry a lot about my girls, and maybe for no reason.* But after losing Bailey in Dec. and Annie in May I feel I can't take a chance with the my other girls.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mercedez is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Should I be worried?!

I wouldn't let it go another day!* It could be something as simple as kennel cough.* Unfortunately we lost a dog at 10 months old due to a bacterial pneumonia . The coughing was the reason we brought her in to the vet!*She got really bad after being excited or run down from playing. May not be anything that serious but I would have it checked!* Good Luck!
    Laura<br />

putertutor is offline Senior Member

I know nothing, but how's Maggie doing now?
    <br /><br />http://www.lexiethelab.com<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />http://lexiethelab.com/shopping-resources

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by putertutor
    I know nothing, but how's Maggie doing now?
    Thanks for asking!
    Asleep lol.
    She hasnt coughed a whole lot since I posted. I think we will see how things go tonight and tomorrow and if she is still cougin tomorrow when my brothers friend's sister, robin is down the street Ill go see her and ask her what she thinks. Shes a tech out at my vet and she would give me her honest thoughts.

koabear is offline Senior Member

Is it a coughing like somethings in her throat, like a piece of grass, or is it coughing for no reason?

'Cause i know with koa especially after yard work or if hes been playing with his ball in the dirt he coughs to get whatever is in his mouth out...

Only you know your dogs best, and there is no such thing as worrying too much for the health of your girls.
    Hope Maggies ok.
    Koa<br /><br />&amp; Brittanie

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by koabear
    Is it a coughing like somethings in her throat, like a piece of grass, or is it coughing for no reason?

'Cause i know with koa especially after yard work or if hes been playing with his ball in the dirt he coughs to get whatever is in his mouth out...

Only you know your dogs best, and there is no such thing as worrying too much for the health of your girls.
    Hope Maggies ok.
    She has NEVER coughed over anything when we play outside. so far tonight we seem to be cough free, and I hope it stays that way!
    Im going to watch her really close tomorrow and then maybe call the vet or go talk to Robin whos a tech at my vet.