vomiting

Thread: vomiting

Defaultvomiting

Hi has anyone had this problem! Sometimes and only sometimes Sophie will vomit her meal back up. This happens only within a few minutes of eating it and is the entire meal in about the same form as it went down. Is she just eating to fast?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: vomiting

Not sure if related but sometimes when Darla eats too much grass/weeds and then her meal she will bring up the chunks which look the same before they went down. Has only happened a couple times but usually there was a weed or two mixed in.

All of my dogs have done that at one time or another and it always seemed to happen after I had caught them eating grass. They would eat some grass, I would feed them and within 10 minutes it was all back out in the open again. Probably just an upset stomach. Nothing more ever resulted from it. I would just give them a little more food after that cause I know their stomachs are totally empty!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Abby has done that too. She eats grass like she is a cow. >

pj

theo has done this once or twice. i think it's usually because he ate his meal too fast. it basically comes right back out in the same form of whole kibble pieces, but just with a lot of saliva/slimy mucus all over it (sorry for being so graphic) i think his was more of a regurgitation of food as none of it was digested at all and came up within a few minutes of consumption.

i now put a large kong ball in his bowl which makes him slow down a little when eating.

thanks for the reply, sounds like a pretty common thing. i will just keep an eye on her.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by pj
    theo has done this once or twice.* i think it's usually because he ate his meal too fast.* it basically comes right back out in the same form of whole kibble pieces, but just with a lot of saliva/slimy mucus all over it (sorry for being so graphic)* i think his was more of a regurgitation of food as none of it was digested at all and came up within a few minutes of consumption.

i now put a large kong ball in his bowl which makes him slow down a little when eating.

This exact thing has happened with Brigetta...her entire meal came up in whole pieces inside a mucus sac (also sorry for being graphic). I also put a kong in her bowl to slow her down (I worry about bloat).

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence