He Loves swimming after all! (Lots of Photos)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He Loves swimming after all! (Lots of Photos)

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

DefaultHe Loves swimming after all! (Lots of Photos)

Buck and I went camping in Cape Cod this weekend. The campground that my friend and his family stayed at has a lake near the camp site where they allow people and dogs to go swimming.
    We thought it would be perfect for us to introduce Buck to swimming somewhere where we can also get in with him. So, we walk down to the lake. As soon as we get on the beach Buck starts pulling me towards the water. Well I wouldn't let him go in because I thought he was trying to get to the kids and other people there. We walk over the end of the beach where it's secluded and has trees and such that would keep Buck seperated from other people and distractions. I let him off his leash and he runs to the water edge. Puts one paw in the water and then takes off Butt Tucking REALLY fast in HUGE circles and then JUMPS STRAIGHT INTO THE LAKE! He then starts swimming out and ketp going and going and going and I got all nervous and started calling him back to shore. He hears me and turns back and comes to shore and then shakes water all over me and JUMPS back in and swims off and grabs some long grass in the water and brings it back to shore and drops it at my feet. By then I got his ball out and started tossing it in the lake and he kept swimming out and retrieving it. He'd come to shore and drop it at my feet and be ready for his next retrieve. This is extremely odd for Buck.

a) Before he would not get ANYWHERE near a large body of water let alone swim in it.
    b) He only retrieves about 5 times and even then I usually have to coax him to drop his retrieve.
    We swam and did retrieves for about 40 mins straight and then headed back to camp. Buck was SOOOOOO tired he went straight to his crate and slept for 3 hours!
    After his siesta we went back to the lake where he did some more swimming.

Anyways! Here are some photos.

Jumpin' In

Heading for the grass

Bringing me a stalk of grass

I am a wet and tired puppy..

Buck and I (Some kinda bug bit my eye and face and made me look all weirder than usual )

Ready to head back to camp

Later on that night we went to Province town and took Buck with us. I was soooo nervous that we would be walking through big crowds of people and Buck would try to jump on them and be annoying and such. But NOPE! he was the perfect puppy ever! SOOOOOOooo many people kept stopping us and petting Buck and kept asking me questions about him. People approached him from behind him, infront of him, over him...practically from every direction possible and he greated them all with a wagging tail and licks. Absolutely no jumping what so ever. They were all impressed by how a 7 month old lab puppy was soooooooo well behaved. I think he was just tired from all the swimming and was therefore a little subdued.
    Sheesh! Everyone who stopped us thought he was so "Beautiful". Some even went as far as to just take photos of him!
    I took all this distraction as an opportunity to see if he would heed my commands with so many distractions. Well, he did pretty decent! He did all his sits and downs everytime I asked. He even did a sit stay while I went into a store to buy some artwork. Of course my friend my holding his leash and waiting with him outside but he told me that Buck didn't move a muscle till I came back* and released him. Oh and it was only a 1 min sit stay but I am proud of him none the less

Finally we came back to camp around 12:30am and Buck went straight to sleep and slept till 9:30 AM!. I woke up at 5:30am his usual wake up time and saw him snoring away so I didn't wake him up and went back to sleep. Then I woke up at 9am to get ready to leave and he was STILL SLEEPING! So I packed up all my stuff and the car and then woke him up at 9:30 so we could get going.
    He made me proud of him this weekend. I wonder what he will do next to screw it all up

ok I have written a lot! Here are a couple more photos.

Buck, sticking it to The Man!

Ok...I edited so many times I am giving up now...Just pardon all the gramatical and spelling errors...I typed it all up in a hurry
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TroopersMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: He Loves swimming after all! (Lots of Photos)

Way to Go Buck!! That's awesome! 8) Sounds like he had a great time. That mempry of the first swim stays with you! ;D
    ~Laura and Trooper&nbsp;&nbsp; Edgewater, MD<br /><br /><br /><br />

claire is offline Senior Member

WTG Buck! ;D
    I like that he fetched the grass
    Great pictures - thanks for sharing

I'm gonna miss P-town this yr.
    I'd go down the week after Labor day for the past 8yrs
    and stay for about 10 days
    we always stopped & visited with people who had dogs
    since ours wouldn't come with us - it would give us our doggie fix for the day

[img width=450]http://www.spiderman-3-trailer.com/spiderman_1.jpg[/img]<br /><br />acme pet

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

P-Town is awesome! I loved it there. It was my first time there and I would definitely love to go back next year. Everyone was soo friendly! Like people friendly AND dog friendly which made it perfect ;D

Quote Originally Posted by TroopersMom
    Way to Go Buck!!* That's awesome!* 8)* Sounds like he had a great time.* That mempry of the first swim stays with you!* *;D
    oh yeah...I will definitely never forget it! It made me so happy to see that he actually likes swimming! I was beginning to think something was wrong with him since he has always refused to get in the water till this weekend

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Yay Buck!!! What an exciting weekend!!! I love him bringing back the stalk of grass.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

;D

The Texas Tank is offline Senior Member

What a good boy. I am sure he was totally exhausted ;D
    Sandie, Tank 5/25/1998 - 07/08/2011, Orson & Sully

mercedez is offline Senior Member

Buck looks like he had a great time. Looks beautiful wherever you were. He is a true water puppy now!
    Laura<br />

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

Wonderful photos, thanks for sharing. So glad everything went so well and that everyone (including Buck) was able to enjoy!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast