Tying a dog outside
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tying a dog outside

Mirabella is offline Senior Member

DefaultTying a dog outside

Am I oversensitive or is it cruel to tie a dog outside alone all day? I was reading about a woman whose dog jumps their fence and she needs a new fence but in the interim, she ties it outside until she gets home. I think I would have to keep them inside until I got the new fence if it was me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Tying a dog outside

I don't like to see a dog tied outside. If they have to be outside they make nice outdoor kennels that would let the dog walk around in.
    My dogs are in the house but that's just me. :

Well I think that most people on this message board will say yes. Personally I don't understand why bother to have a dog if it is tied up outside all of the time. And with the heatwave that is going on in most parts of the country it is downright cruel. Now keeping a dog outside is another matter. I have a cousin in Michigan that has two Labs that prefer to live outside together. He has it setup so that they are very comfortable. He lives on a lake so they swim everyday and he takes very good care of them.
    Olie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

The lady that is renting the house next door to me left her 2 dogs out all day today. A yellow lab and a LITTLE LITTLE mix dog, and it was 104 here today. It made me mad for the fact that she would do that, and for the fact that EVERY time I let my 3 out 2 of them bark their heads off if they hear them barking : I don't think its right for a dog to be left outside for more than a few mins at a time..

I'd find a way for that leash to mysteriously get untied from the tree

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Nope not cool to tie a dog outside alone all day @ least IMO.

Abby and Molly have tieouts down here at the beach, but they are never left out alone (or somebody is always right in the doorway watching) just incase something happens. They're free to lay out if they want to, but most of the time they're inside or outside walking around on a leash with me
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

dogmom is offline Senior Member

It is against the law here in Tucson to put a dog on a tie out. EVER.

Cierra has a tie out but that is because my BR and family live in a condo with no yard. She is walked several times a day but has this habit of wanting to pottie at 3am. So my SIL who wanders a lot at night has a tye out up against their balcony. She clips the chain to Cierra and puts her over the 3 1/2 food patio railing. Cierra does her business in the grass puts paws back up on rail and SIL lifts her over.

I don't blame my SIL for not walking her around at 3am. This way she has learned it is her business and back in immediately. (and yes my SIL or BR does go pick up any Cierra dids when the walk her at 6am.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom
    It is against the law here in Tucson to put a dog on a tie out. EVER.
    That's a great law! It's just as bad as leaving them in a car!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirabella
    Am I oversensitive or is it cruel to tie a dog outside alone all day?* I was reading about a woman whose dog jumps their fence and she needs a new fence but in the interim, she ties it outside until she gets home.* *I think I would have to keep them inside until I got the new fence if it was me.*
    Probably if you mention it to her, you might be called an idiot.*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast