Biting Pup - I need your help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biting Pup - I need your help

DefaultBiting Pup - I need your help

I don't know what triggered it, but since a couple of days Bradley's always trying to bite me. When I try to pet him or when I am playing with him. After a while he starts to bite me. And not just me. Basically every one that wants to pet or play with him. And it's not like I am dragging him through crowds of people that scare him. I don't know what to do. The last thing I want is a dog that bites every one he meets. Please give me your advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Biting Pup - I need your help

How old is Bradley? Puppies bite. When he does that say "no" & give him a chew bone to chew on. They bite/chew alot when they are teething.

labby is offline Senior Member

How old is the puppy?

Laura

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

He is 8 weeks old.

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

That's what 8 week old puppies do. Go to the puppy section here and read "Our best advice"

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

georgie is offline Senior Member

He needs some Nylabones or Gumabones for puppies. Sorry to say this will go on for awhile, till the adult teeth come in. Just be persistent with your "no" when he bites & replace your hand, ankle..whatever with a chew bone.

Those puppy teeth are like needles.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Boo was so bad we called her a land shark. She still has the nickname shark since she is a big chewer. She quit biting us, thanks to the info on this site, but every once in a while she would be under the table at suppertime and you'd all of a sudden feel a tiny bite on the toe. She was just being a puppy. She got/gets plenty of chewies and has realized what she can chew on and what she can't. Whewwww.

Please don't think I am totally worthless in raising a pup. It's my first dog and I am trying my best. Reading up and giving him all the love and attention I can. My hubby - who had dogs his whole life - had to leave us for a month after we just got Bradley and I can't ask him for advice or let me help train him. I will follow your advice and get him those chew bones. I just thought that he's turning into a little monster and there's nothing I can do about it...

Tater Guest

Tater has his adult teeth, and he still chews like he is teething. I think he just got so use to having things to chew on that he doest want to give it up. It did take some time, but he stopped chewing on my hands and arms. I never thought it would go away, but it does. I found that the KONG is great if you get the one with the two balls on the side, and hangers are great, and so is ice. I know it sounds kind of out there with a hanger, but he loved it and he helped his teeth. Ice i think made his gums feel really good. Try you will see.

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley
    Please don't think I am totally worthless in raising a pup. It's my first dog and I am trying my best.
    You've asked for advice, and that says something about you. Never apologize for lack of experience. Most of us started out in the same boat, and as long as you're willing to learn and work with your puppy, you'll both do well. I'm a little bit jealous, actually. Puppyhood is a wonderful time! Enjoy the silliness. :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast