Pulled muscles in dogs?

Thread: Pulled muscles in dogs?

DefaultPulled muscles in dogs?

I was just outside throwing the Kong for Riley - his favorite toy, he always goes full speed ahead for it! Well, the first time I threw it, he went to take off and wimpered as he was running. He trotted back to me and he seemed fine. I threw it again, same thing. Although I didn't want him to be in pain, I was a bad mommy and decided to throw it again to see if I could see what was hurting him. Well, he didn't even go after it this time - that's a first; usually I can throw it 50 times and he'll sprint for it and bring it back every time.

When he's walking, he seems fine and not in any pain; it's just when he runs. Could this be a pulled muscle or something else?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Pulled muscles in dogs?

Could be many things. Soft tissue, bone, tendon or ligament. Rest him (only out on a leash) for a few days at least and see if it gets better. If not, get thee to a vet.

Laura

georgie is offline Senior Member

He could have pulled a muscle or something. I would let him rest for a few days. No running. Like Laura said, if he is no better I would see your vet. How old is Riley?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

He's 5 - still full of puppiness though! I will definitely rest him for a couple of days. After losing my first guy, I'm an absolute nut on these things and automatically think - is this the end - I can't lose him, too. So I try not to be a total worrier, but I don't want to overlook anything either - argh!

Thanks for your responses!

georgie is offline Senior Member

We understand worry. I lost my first lab at 9 1/2 & I worry about everything with my two now. Let us know how he is.