that evil..evil k9 advantix!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: that evil..evil k9 advantix!!!!!

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Defaultthat evil..evil k9 advantix!!!!!

Hollllly cow, all I have to do is pull the little tube out of the bag and I turn from the favorite into demon girl. Both the girls cower and run.

We've made the experience nothing but positive but for some reason they both HATE it with a passion. Tonight I had to put it on alone since my assistant (aka dad) is out of town and my mom can't bend over because of her surgery.

Up first we had Molly Monster weighing in at 63 pounds wearing all black. Molly fought a good fight despite the treats being handed out. She slipped out of her collar twice and attempted to snack and run! In the end she was protected from fleas,ticks and mosquitos for yet another month...I couldn't find her same spots again so it's all over her back

Up next Abigail the labigail, weighing in at 90 pounds wearing all yellow. Abby submitted right from the start. Sat and tucke her ears back waiting for the worst. Refused treats, licked the offenders arm instead. She too has been protected from fleas,ticks and moquitos for another month.

The saga continues next month with...can we desensitze the black and yellow crusaders to the small tan tube with the blue writing?? Stay tuned and you just might find out!!!
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Blondedog Guest

DefaultRe: that evil..evil k9 advantix!!!!!

Stacey you tell the best story. ;D

Kathryn Guest

Poor poor Abby and Molly. *takes my cookie back and gives it to Abby and Molly*

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bearsmomma is offline Senior Member

Diamond is the same way. And I hate to stress her so much about it. She has been that way since day one. Bear just sits there and is fine with it. Let me know if you find an easier way to do things with the girls.
    <br /><br /><br /><br />

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Poor girls!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

curly is offline Senior Member

Zakk was not thrilled the first time we put it on him. I think the biggest thing with him is that he doesn't like to be held still.

Barney and Bailey is offline Senior Member

Funny story. I could just picture Molly because that's what Bailey does.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

I always feel bad stressing them out (like Rachel said). I do everything I can but stand on my head to make it a good experience for them and it just doesn't seem to work. Abby just sits there though so it doesn't take long, but she looks so sad. Molly on the other hand wants to start wold war III and I think it's partly because of how she sees Abby act. Maybe next time I'll do Molly first.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Jeep274 is offline Senior Member

I usually take Kody for a nice run to wear him out. Then when he is crashed on the floor panting I apply and he could care less.

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

CoCo is the exact same way with the ear cleaner!!! I did it wrong the first time... squirted it right in her ear and it scared her.... now she smells it and tries to slink away, although you can tell she is torn because she also smells the treats! Eventually I get her and I put cotton soaked with the stuff in her ear and massage, and she doesn't seem to mind, but she won't come near me for a while afterwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep274
    I usually take Kody for a nice run to wear him out.* Then when he is crashed on the floor panting I apply and he could care less.
    That's a good idea (well, not the run for Molly, she's too young... but tiring them out!)!

We try to do this before we clip CoCo's nails... its usually only her dewclaw that needs clipping anyhow.
    ~Jo & CoCo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast