Speaking of animal abuse...

Thread: Speaking of animal abuse...

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

DefaultSpeaking of animal abuse...

On Tuesday afternoon I parked in the lot of a large strip mall. The car next to me had a dog in the back seat and the front windows were open just a smidgen. It was way to hot out for this. I played with the dog through the window...he seemed awake enough, so I decided I'd do my quick run into the drug store and if the dog/car was still there when I came out I'd call the police.

Not even 2 minutes passed, and over the loudspeaker in Genovese someone says..."if you're the owner of a small car with a dog in it the police need to speak to you." I got scared, through my things down and ran outside. The dog was fine but still in the car...2 wonderful women apparently saw this dog before I had and said the car was there for over half an hour already, they called the cops.

The woman was found in Marshalls and brought out by the police. She claimed she was gone only two minutes, well, you should have heard how these two wonderful women went at her. They even put me to shame. By the end of their short conversation with her they told her to sit in her car for half and hour with the windows closed while they held the dog (outside of the car). The idiot woman was so scared that she started to take the dog out of the car to give them....the police had been there the whole time but had to stop them at this point. (Too bad...I would have liked this).

There's certainly no "punishment" for this kind of cruelty to animals...I think that not only should the dog be taken from the owner, but so should the whole freakin car........it's used as a weapon as far as Im concerned! I wish there were stiffer penalties for animal abuse.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

DefaultRe: Speaking of animal abuse...

We have a law here for animals left in a car!
    Animal left in Vehicle when over 70 degrees $205.00.

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

they told her to sit in her car for half and hour with the windows closed while they held the dog (outside of the car)
    I think this is the perfect punishment. Maybe she'll think twice before stupidly leaving her dog in the car, even for a few minutes. >

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

people are just so stupid. I had a similiar situation happen recently where I saw a woman leave her JRT in her car with the windows down a smidge at the supermarket. I planned on approaching her in the store as she was well ahead of me in going in the store...
    I went in searching for her, heart racing and I couldn't locate her..I decided to head to the CS desk and before I could get there, they were announcing her license plate number and asking the owner of the vehicle to come to CS...another woman who I had seen coming in the store after her apparently went straight to the desk and was reporting her...this woman who reported her was driven, mad and going togive this woman hell...
    I saw the owner of the dog approaching the CS desk like she had no clue what she had done...
    I was in for a short grocery trip and when I left there was no JRT in hot car! Thank goodness!

Have you ever tried to sit in a hot car with the windows down a crack in even 70 degree weather....UNBEARABLE!
    I just don't understand how people have so little empathy for anyone but themselves.

georgie is offline Senior Member

People are so stupid. That makes me as mad as when I see some idiot have a dog in an open bed of a truck. >

TroopersMom is offline Senior Member

Oh, I wish the cops wouldn't have stepped in...let her see what she put her dog through by sticking her in that car.
    ~Laura and Trooper&nbsp;&nbsp; Edgewater, MD<br /><br /><br /><br />

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Things like that make me so mad! People can be so ignorant. Leave the dog at home!!!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brigettas Mom
    Things like that make me so mad! People can be so ignorant. Leave the dog at home!!!
    Exactly!!

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by einsteins legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Brigettas Mom
    Exactly!!
    Einstein you are thinking too logically there mate and we can't have that. After all, it would be the responsible thing to do.

Serioulsy tho, I cannot believe how ignorant some folks are. That woman should have been made to sit in the hot car for half an hour. A few years ago we had several spisodes where folks not only left their dogs in hot cars, but day care workers left a child or two in their vans. It broke my heart when I heard the kids died. I dont understand how folks can be so cruel.

claire is offline Senior Member

WOW! those 2 women must have been very intimatdateing
    Good for them! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by einsteins legacy

The woman was found in Marshalls and brought out by the police. She claimed she was gone only two minutes, well, you should have heard how these two wonderful women went at her. They even put me to shame. By the end of their short conversation with her they told her to sit in her car for half and hour with the windows closed while they held the dog (outside of the car). The idiot woman was so scared that she started to take the dog out of the car to give them....the police had been there the whole time but had to stop them at this point. (Too bad...I would have liked this).
    [img width=450]http://www.spiderman-3-trailer.com/spiderman_1.jpg[/img]<br /><br />acme pet