Come on! Are you a Lab or a foofoo dog?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come on! Are you a Lab or a foofoo dog?

DefaultCome on! Are you a Lab or a foofoo dog?

AZ has been blessed with lots of rain this week. It was raining pretty good this morning when I got up to let the dog's out (Ha I guess I just answered the age old question "who let the dogs out" That'd be me. ;D ) Anywho...Essy races Murray to the door then slams on the brakes once she sees the rain. Murray rear ended her. : Essy steps aside and lets Murray out to do his business. I told Essy to go on out but she looked at me like I was nuts. "What? You don't REALLY expect me to go out there, do ya? It's WET for crying out loud." With that I shoved her silly butt out the door into the rain. The poor pathestic thing stayed huddled against the house so the overhang protected her from much of the rain. she never pottied. Murray finished and when I opened the door again, Essy bolted in mad as a wet hen. Oh if looks could kill. Aren't Labs supposed to be WATER dogs? What difference does it make if the water is in a pond or raining down from the sky. I can't believe I own a foofoo Lab.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Come on! Are you a Lab or a foofoo dog?

Essy!!

I bet she loves to swim though!!

Henery is sometimes like that in the rain if it's coming down hard... he'll plaster himself to the side of the house like the rain is going to kill him or something. :

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom

I bet she loves to swim though!!*
    Only if she doesn't get her head wet.* :

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom

Henery is sometimes like that in the rain if it's coming down hard... he'll plaster himself to the side of the house like the rain is going to kill him or something.* :

If must rain acid or something.* ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Maybe you ought to go out with her and hold an umbrella over her then??

Essy!! A true girl.... "Can't get my hair wet!!" ;D

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

That is so funny! When I got Brigetta I was afraid she wouldn't go out in the rain because I already have one foofoo dog who won't...I have to pick her up and put her out to make her go. So the first time it rained after I got Brigetta I took her out like it was no big deal, I was being cheery and playful...my neighbors thought I was crazy! And my other dog Prudence just stood at the sliding glass doors looking at us like we were crazy!

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

She's just so sweet that she didn't want to melt!!
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

hahaha!

We have a screened-in porch off the kitchen, which leads to the backyard. If it's raining, Angus will nudge open the door on the screened-in porch and stick only his nose out. And there he stands. :P

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

maggieandfinn is offline Senior Member

Maggie also hates the rain. She will not walk on wet grass unless she is having an emergency or we drag her.

Send Murray to play with Cinnamon. That idiot dog of mine not only loves the rain but thinks it is the best time for butt tucking especially if the lightening is close. I am standing in the door yelling for her to get her butt in the house after she does her business and she is racing around. I have visions of fried lab or her slipping and blowing out a knee.

She thinks the rain is like a giant lawn sprinkler she just cannot figure out where it is coming from so she can attack it.

Nick & Nora will do the same thing when it rains. Yet Nora will "attack" the sprinkler system until she's soaked. I guess it just has to be "their idea" to get wet! What a hoot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast