I'm Teething! (pictures!)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm Teething! (pictures!)

DefaultI'm Teething! (pictures!)

Mom, I'm not feeling real great...Can you check me out?

You're not really getting it, check the mouth..

Ok, you're getting close...

Closer...

That's the ticket!!! See my new teeth? They hurt!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: I'm Teething! (pictures!)

poor girl - that looks painful!!!* have you seen those toy bones (they're cloth) that you can freeze - it feels great on their poor gums - i'll see if i can find what I'm talking about - UPDATE - here's what i'm talking about - you can get them at petsmart (just make sure you moniter her so she doesn't chew through it)

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Awww... poor baby. I remember how Scotty was miserable some days when his teeth were changing. I was recommended by other JL members to soak a washcloth in water, freeze it, and then give it to him to chew on. It seemed to help.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Awww, what a sweet little face!

The frozen cloth toys are called Chilly Bones. We found that the wet washcloths twisted up and frozen worked just as well.

It's also interesting to watch them play with other dogs during this time. Theo loved to play with a white poodle who always looked like he'd been ax murdered after Theo got his bloody little gums all over him.

Hope you guys are beating the heat out in the extreme East Bay. Here over the hill, it was about 74 today. <ducking>

I've been giving Lexie the frozen wash clothes since I brought her home....Since I've never had a labrador before I was afraid I wouldn't know when she was hurting so I starting giving her one in the evening just in case. I'm very fortunate that I've found this forum and I know to check her mouth, ears, paws, etc. I have some frozen keys and other frozen toys that I let her chew on too.

I was reading earlier that baby teeth fall out and then the adult teeth come in; I'm just hopeful that it's ok that her adult teeth are coming in before her puppy teeth fall out?

Quote Originally Posted by caldecott
    Hope you guys are beating the heat out in the extreme East Bay. Here over the hill, it was about 74 today. <ducking>

<smacking=theoconbrio>LOL, well today it was a refreshing 103+. I was driving home @ 5:00 p.m. and it was only 99, woohoo! It still amazes me that you can travel less then 15 minutes thru the Caldecott tunnel and be in a totally different weather zone. </smacking>

liveelayne is offline Senior Member

Awww how cute...hope her teeth are feeling better in no time. What a sweetie pie!

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

Your camera takes beautifully clear closeups, and Lexie sure was doing a great job of cooperating! Don't worry about her teeth. It's actually the new teeth coming in, that push the baby teeth out. Looks like everything is progressing normally and she's a real cutie.

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Poor Lexie! You gonna feel better before you know it!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

Lexi is so pretty!

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

awww Lexie is so beautiful! Poor thing...those teeth will fall out soon and the new ones will come in. Buck's teeth did the same thing. The new ones will push out the old ones soon enough.
    Just keep an eye on those pearly whites. A couple of Buck's baby teeth in the back wouldn't fall out and they kinda started to rot. Well they made his mouth smell funny. They were loose and he'd try to push em with his tongue but he couldn't get them to fall off. I ended up moving them back and forth and removing them that way. He didn't mind and was glad they were gone.

Give lexie a big hug from me! ;D
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast