Do your dogs "nest"?

Thread: Do your dogs "nest"?

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultDo your dogs "nest"?

Before she lays down in a spot Brigetta will sometimes act as though she is digging. It can be on the bed, the couch, a blanket, or the floor. My little dog Prudence will sometimes do it too. My mother told me they are "nesting". Is this right, do any of your dogs do it, and does anyone know why? I just wonder what's going through her head when she does it.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Janna and Boomer is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Do your dogs "nest"?

Saxon did that like CRAZY...it could be rather maddening. She would dig just to lay on the carpet in the living room...and this was hard core digging, like she was trying to get thru to the floor. : We also had a little carpet square outside for her to lay on and she would dig on that too...there were little red fluff balls all over the yard from it.

Boomer will paw at a blanket a couple times before laying on it - he likes to kind of wad it up to cuddle against. That's the most I've seen out of him.

Kathryn Guest

Maggie is a BAD when it comes to nesting and shes in her crate. her blanket has to be almost in 10million bits before she will "like" it. ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

Duncan does that too, but only on his Costco bed!

Barnsley sleeps on a folded up blanket on the floor but every night he has to work at waddin it up and scratching it until it looks like it would be very uncomfortable. For him it's just right! LOL! ;D I think I saw a thing about wolves, wild dogs, etc. and they do this to make an area to sleep also.