Poor girl.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor girl.

Kathryn Guest

DefaultPoor girl.

My poor Copper has had her age hit her this week. Shes lived with us for the last 9.5 years and is at the least 13 years old.
    Over the last few years we have noticed she isn't hearing as well and the last few days have been bad. You have to talk VERY VERY loud at her and/or touch her while you are trying to talk to her. This morning I was trying to brush all her nasty fur out that NEVER EVER stops. As soon as I pulled the fur from the brush she was over laying somewhere else and trying to call her over was VERY pointless. Then my mom and I noticed she seemed to be upset about being brushed. She LOVES to be brushed. I think she just hurts today. *sigh*
    I am worried about this winter. We have hard winters here and if shes having this much trouble now in the middle of summer what is this winter going to be like. Poor girl.
    If you could send your thoughts and prayers that she feels better Id love you all forever!
    I took this picture of her this afternoon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Poor girl.

Aww, what a sweet gal. When my Ginger got up in age, I gave her Rimadyl which made a huge difference in her quality of life. You might want to check with your vet.

Brookville, Pa.

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Copper you look like such a sweetie in that picture. I love her eyes. It's so hard watching them get older. I have a 10 year old dachshund mix Prudence who has had two strokes...it breaks my heart. I hope Copper feels better...I'll be sending lots of prayers and good thoughts her way. Maybe there is something the vet can do to help her through the winter months if need be.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hope Copper feels better soon.* What a sweet face!

georgie is offline Senior Member

What a sweet girl. I wonder if your vet would think Glucosomine might help.

Feel better Copper!

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

Poor Sweetheart! It hurts so, to see them slow down.

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

Poor Copper, I hope she can find some relief soon.

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Linda1
    Aww, what a sweet gal.* When my Ginger got up in age, I gave her Rimadyl which made a huge difference in her quality of life.* You might want to check with your vet.
    When our Annie got really sick and out first vet didn't do anything and out second vet was trying her hardest to figure out what was wrong we did a lot of reading on rimadyl(she was on it from the first vet, our second vet had us take her off it). What we read was a little scary when it came to Labradors being given rimadyl. It can damage the liver and they think thats pretty much what started all of Annie's troubles. If shes not feeling better later this week I am going to have Robin come and look at her. She is a tech out at our vet and babysits down the street from me every evening.

Thank you all for you thoughts and well wishes. I am sure if Copper could talk she would Thank you all too!

What a sweetheart
    I hope she feels better very soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast