Strange guy & my dogs **EDITED**
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange guy & my dogs **EDITED**

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

DefaultStrange guy & my dogs **EDITED**

Today while I had the girls out back playing ball, a strange guy walked up to the fence and whistled for the dogs.* Of course off they went, then Rush stopped and looked at me and waited for me to catch up to her the hair on her back stood up.* Boo ran ahead like the goofy pup she is.* When I approached the guy he asked if they were my dogs.* (DUH).* I told him yes, they were.* He said he thought they were really terrific looking and would I be interested in selling one.* Now I'm think WTF is this guy up to.* I told him no, these are our family.* He wanted to know if they were spayed.* By this time I'm getting uncomfortable with all the questions.* I told him yes both were spayed.* He said too bad, he really wanted to breed dogs. LIKE THERE WAS ANY CHANCE OF USING THEM FOR BREEDING.* *Ok, I looked at him and said you want to breed dogs?* Any particular kind?* No, just thought he wanted to have some puppies to sell.* Ok by this time I am royally pi$$ed off.* Well, i told him, there are plenty of puppies in this world and too many are unwanted so random breeding isn't a good idea. He says whatever.* He reached into his pocked and had some lab blocks (what you feed to rodents etc) and was going to give them some.* I asked him politely not to feed them those, I said that Boo had eaten something that looked alot like that and she became very sick.* Oh yeah, he says, I stopped by the other evening and gave her one.* The other dog wouldn't come up to me.*
    So again, I asked nicely for him not to feed the dogs.* He said ok, he didn't want to make them sick.* Ok by this time, if I had hackles, they would have been standing up in a mohawk.* He asked if he could come and play with them from time to time.* I told him no, since we didn't know who he was or where he lived etc.* He said he was staying with some friends up the street.* I asked what street.* He said that one and pointed to our street.* Oh, have they lived there long I asked.* He said he didn't really know.* ALARM bells were ringing and I gathered the girls to me and said that I had food on the stove and we had to go in.* I walked calmly up and we went in the house.* He stood there, leaning on our fence just looking.* He creeped me out.* Rush went to the patio doors and was growling in* a low quiet way.* By this time Boo had her hair standing up on her back and was watching the guy too.
    He stood there for about 5 minutes and then walked back the way he came.* I went and followed him (hiding behind houses) and saw him get into a car and he just sat there.* I took the license number make and model down and called the cops.* They said they have had other complaints about him from our neighborhood and surrounding additions.* They sent a* car out and the cops had a 20 minute conversation with him.* He drove off then.* The cops told him to leave the area, and that if they got anymore calls about him they would be back.
    They think he is with another guy who is doing the same type thing, and that they are scoping out houses to break into.* That leaves a real nice feeling.* I keep my doors locked and the security on.* Still......it gives me the willies.* I'm going to be real cautious about the dogs too.* He was just toooooo creepy.* The funny thing is he was clean cut, had nice clothes on and was polite.* weirddddddd

Just so you guys know, I have told neighbors and several remember seeing him. One guy down at the corner said he asked to use his phone. He told them his wife was using it right now. He stood around asking questions and the guy told him that he had work to do and walked back inside.

I don't leave the girls out unsupervised much but now not at all. It's damn scary to think that there are people out there that are looking for ways to get you. eeeeeeeee We just installed a security system and I kinda thought it was a waste of money. No more. The good thing is it's tied directly to the police and has battery backup should the power go out. Also if someone should cut the phone line and disables the system, the company that monitors it immediately notifies the police. Whew. However, I watch my girls like a hawk now. I also notified our association president and they are putting something out in a special addition of our news letter. Someone else called them and reported this guy so everyone around is being very diligent about keeping an eye out for anything unusual.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Strange guy & my dogs

That is really scarry. Good of you to call the cops and get them involved. I would not leave the dogs outside at all by themselves and if your home by youself definately keep some pepper spray and phone close.

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

I would have totaly freaked out.
    ~Lindsay

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mel
    Mel is offline Senior Member

That would creep me out too, and I'd be damned if I left my house for the next month or so. Sounds like he was trying to make friends with the dogs, so that they'd greet him instead of attacking, when he broke in! Scary stuff!!!!!!! >

glad you got his decription & license plate-good sleuthing-maybe with the cops talking to him he'll decide to leave the area.

sounds like he was indeed looking for trouble

Kathryn Guest

that is VERY creepy.
    We won't take the girls to one part of the river because of a guy kinda like that. He asks WAY to much and "acts" like he can't see and has a seeing eye dog. We have seen him around town with out his dog and JUST fine.
    One of our friends had a run in with him while they were with some friends down there and I guess hes going around taking peoples dogs after he knows the info on your dog.
    creepy people!

That is terrible and I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with your kids, and the dogs, and YOU. Be smart, and safe.

While reading your note it quickly brought me to a situation in Lake George this past weekend. I was with my 7 month old chocolate lab walking in the rain on the beach with my boyfriend. Well there were a few "locals" haning out in the pavilion and where we walked up to for shelter from the rain for a minute. Well one of the guys whisled for the dog who then ran over quickly with me in tow, and he started petting her and next thing i realized he was with his hand cupped around her mounth with her trying to lick...and i noticed a small white thing logged inbetween his thumb and forfinger...obvioulsy he wanted her to take it. Well i pulled her away and said she can't play, said she had a procedure recently...then he said "a mounth one???". So he knew i knew. I was so creaped out, as was my boyfriend. WHO WOULD THINK someone would try to harm your dog....and the freaky feeling of not knowing what it was...was he goign to kill her, or make her sick for a day???...terrible.

Glad your safe, and be cautious.

That is SCARY. Be extra careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frances

Wow! Scary! I'd be freakin' out.

Oh, geez. There are some wierdos in this world, aren't there? However, GOOD FOR YOU on following him. It's good to hear that you managed to get the police involved and they actually located the guy. He was probably casing the neighborhood, but I'd be afraid he'd be after the dogs, too. He and his friend will just move to some other area, though. Yikes!

Sounds like Boo may have gotten the message about stranger danger, at least as far as this guy is concerned. I'd still keep them both inside unless you're out there with them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast