Baby Teeth

Thread: Baby Teeth

DefaultBaby Teeth

My lil labbie is just five months and he's losing a lot of baby teeth very quickly. This morning alone I
    found four individual teeth and three molars. Is this normal? Also, how long does it take for the adult
    teeth to come in? Pretty soon Conor will have no teeth left to eat his "hard" puppy food with.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Baby Teeth

he should be fine...you will be suprised how quick the new "adult" ones come in!

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

yeah it's pretty normal. Like Beaus pete said...you will be surprised how quick the new teeth come in. It will seem like they came in over night.
    Just make sure your puppy has lots of toys and bones and such to chew on!

<3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rexduke Guest

yep thet pretty much all fall out in about a two week peroid.
    You found that many teeth...WOW. Most dogs swallow them...never to be seen again. I'd keep them for a scrap book if it dosn't gross you out. The next set of teeth won't be so sharp.

The big teeth are right under the baby ones so he should still be able to eat, and chew, and chew, and chew oh yah did I mention he will chew!!* lol

Enjoy him while he is small and get lots of pics, they grow really fast!!

;D

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Brigetta recently lost her baby teeth...I found 3 and I guess she swallowed the rest...but the others are right...it was like one day she didn't have teeth and within a couple of weeks the adult teeth grew in.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

emccase is offline Senior Member

McKenzie is three months old now. Whats the normal age for puppies to start loosing teeth. I havent noticed that she has lost any yet.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mckenzie the lab and Maddie the Mastiff wanna be.

Quote Originally Posted by Brigettas Mom
    ...it was like one day she didn't have teeth...
    Oh, I so look forward to that day!

I can see Lexie's teeth coming in now, she's got two rows of teeth in the front. It's so cute. They grow so fast.

Most dogs will start losing their baby teeth around 4 months of age, but could be as late at 6 months. It can take about 2-3 months to lose them all and have them replaced with their adult teeth. The first ones to go will be the little teeth in the front of the dog's mouth top and bottom. You may see a little blood here and there on toys/bones - not to worry!

My dog starting loosing his at 4 months - he lost all the front teeth over a 10-14 day period. He still has his canines (fangs) and his molars. What happens is the adult teeth push the little ones out of the way. Sometimes the adult tooth will start coming in behind the baby tooth, but eventually it will takes it place and knock out the baby tooth. It is not common, but sometimes the puppy will retain the puppy tooth even when the adult tooth is pretty much fully grown in. If that happens, you'll need to go to the vet to have the baby tooth extracted.

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

I swear we blinked and CoCo's mouth was full of gleaming white adult teeth... what a difference!

She lost her last puppy tooth last week at the inlaws, and we only managed to save one...

Actually no, we did save another one but left it on the coffee table... which she then surfed and ate! ha!
    ~Jo & CoCo

I still got the ones of Malki Max....She lost 2 or 3 per day, and played with them!!!! Sometimes she cried ....and had little blood in her mouth...but....what wonderful teeth she has now !!!!!