Standing Vigil over Food Storage Container!

Thread: Standing Vigil over Food Storage Container!

DefaultStanding Vigil over Food Storage Container!

Has anyone out there had their puppies/older labs stand vigil next to the storage container for their food? Haley is 8 weeks old, and camps out in the laundry room anywhere from 1-2 hours before her lunch or dinner feedings. Since she knows where it comes from, she just stands there worshiping the big plastic storage container! Eventually she'll curl up on the rug in the laundry room and nap by it. I know all labs are voracious eaters, and want more when it's done, but has yours stood guard too?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThatsMyGirl Guest

DefaultRe: Standing Vigil over Food Storage Container!

Well, Sami doesn't stand guard, but usually 30 minutes before her dinner time she will come and sit down in front of me and just *stare* at me. I think she wants to make sure that I don't forget that it's closing in on her dinner hour!

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

How cute! That little face is absolutely adorable.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Right now Brigetta's food is stored in the hall closet, I'm looking for a nice food storage container she can't chew! (I can't fit the food for both dogs in the cabinet). Anyhow, she'll sniff at the closet door, paw at it, then she'll just curl up outside of the door. It's so cute.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

I have a food vault that sits out in the open in the kitchen.

Cinnamon is a self regulator and we generally only feed her after we eat dinner and then there is always some kibble in her bowl by her water.* But unless she is just taking a nibble she prefers it fresh and if it isn't mixed with left over vege's and grilled meat she wants it hand fed.* She will go and bump the vault if she is hungry.* After you feed her 2 or 3 handfuls (about a 1/2 cup) she has enough and off she goes.* She does this about once or twice a week.

Stella walks to the food bin right beside me. Her head follows the scooper from the bin to the bowl, back to the bin and to the other bowl like clockwork. She waits for any possible loose kibbles to fall out in this process so she can gobble them up.

Other than that there is no standing at the bin waiting. Only that look of agonizing hunger she gives us pretty much all day!

My last lab Tucson would sit in front of the pantry door and look back and forth from me to the door. This usually started about an hour before meal times or when she wanted a treat. lol