People are just so sick.

Thread: People are just so sick.

Kathryn Guest

DefaultPeople are just so sick.

I started reading this in a blog community this morning that I am apart of.

Phoenix is what we are calling ALR's newest addition: a yellow 10 week old male puppy. Phoenix was picked up as a stray that was "possibly injured" on Thursday. At first the shelter workers thought his burn down his back was a heat burn from a hot exhaust under a car he crawled under for shade. That was bad enough, imagining a 10 week old puppy having to find shade in a hot parking lot. The shelter was going to put him down tomorrow morning after only one day on the adoption floor, but we took him to the vet, thinking we'd just get some burn salve, antibiotics and a deworming.

The vet is sure that the burn is not a heat burn, but a chemical burn. Someone poured something corrosive on this puppy. He has an abcess forming underneath his skin. The vet put him under and drained everything and abraded the wound. He will be on antibiotics with a burn "toga" for at least two months, then he will go under again and all the burned skin (a 3" by 10" area) will be cut out and the healthy skin sewn together.

Phoenix and ALR need your help. We hadn't planned on taking in a dog with such needs, we thought this was 'just' a heat burn, but that's not how things work. This first vet visit will run around $300 with the vet cutting us a deal. The next one to cut out the damaged skin will be similar. Anything at all will help. Please keep Phoenix in your thoughts and prayers.

Please crosspost anywhere you can. Paypal link is on our website (www.arkansaslabradorrescue.org). Our email address on there isn't working at the moment. I can be reached at the paypal address or at [email protected]

Theres some pictures in the link.. But they are very disturbing.

http://www.arkansaslabradorrescue.org/

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: People are just so sick.

I saw this too and I saw the pics. It looked really painful. I really hope that carma holds true "What comes around goes around". That was a malicious and deliberent act of cruelity.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

That is awful!!! How could somebody be so sick and disturbed??
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

It just breaks my heart. I'm the type to take EVERY stray and hurt animal into my house. ;D most of the ones we find (or can get ahold of) are cats. Copper was one we took in. My mom actually knows the guy who "gave her up" AND his family from when she was younger : .
    People are so into drugs and stuff any more that they don't think. then there are the few who were never taught to think.

Hunter is offline Senior Member

At least that pup found somebody that will give her the attention and love that she deserves.

If this was intentional then I hope the person that did this falls in a vat of acid.

You never know what is going through someone's mind when they do something like that. I cannot imagine how painful that must be for that poor baby and it is in an area on his body he can't even soothe by licking. And what is even more disturbing is that so much of this goes on. They say everyone serves a purpose on this earth. I cannot think of one purpose an individual like this would serve.