Max's hip issues....

Thread: Max's hip issues....

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

DefaultMax's hip issues....

We've just started the anti-inflamatory along with the Cosequin (he was getting only Consequin before) so I'm praying to see an improvement in a week or so. It's become so obvious that he just can't keep up with the labs anymore, even on our daily walks. Jake and Duncan are constantly on the move at a pace...we needed to slow down our pace a bit this morning to accomodate Max. The labs are patient and have no problem doing this, I just hope things improve and don't get any worse. Makes me kinda sad, Max is only 6.5, Duncan will be 4 next month and Jakie 5 in October.

It's quite funny to watch Max walk tho, due to his discomfort his butt and rear legs are very tight when he walks and if you watch him walk from behind it resembles the walk of a lady in very high heels!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Max's hip issues....

I hope the meds help with Max's discompfort so he can continue to live a relatively normal life. Maybe try taking him on a shorter walk seperate so you don't aggervate his hips worse and can go at his pace.

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacatherine
    I hope the meds help with Max's discompfort so he can continue to live a relatively normal life.* Maybe try taking him on a shorter walk seperate so you don't aggervate his hips worse and can go at his pace.
    This is what I think I will have to do until he's more comfortable.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

I hope the meds help Max.