The inaugural tooth brushing night
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The inaugural tooth brushing night

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe inaugural tooth brushing night

Well, that went about as well as could be expected, I guess, for two beginners. (Me and Simon). :P

I showed him the brush first, with some paste on it, and let him lick it. He liked it very much (chicken-flavored).

Simon is very passive when you're doing anything to him, so he just laid down and let me have at it. It would have been great, except he kept clamping his mouth shut and I had trouble getting to the bottom row, as they were hidden behind the front. I ended up pulling his lips up from the back and going in that way. I just brushed mostly what he would let me get at tonight. It was a decent first try, I guess. But I couldn't tell that it made any huge difference.

I meant to try the ball in the mouth, Linda! I forgot! And if anyone else has any special methods for reaching all the teeth, feel free to share!

Felicia, it turns out it's been a while longer than I thought since I've been to the dentist...I'm scheduled to go back in next week It seems like just yesterday! :P Anyway, if you really seriously think I could scale Simon's teeth myself, I'll ask them about it.

I'm sure they are going to start wondering about me. Last time I was in I was asking them if I could bring in a meth addict to have a picture made of their mouth. Now I want dental tools to clean my dog's teeth.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

darkchocngold is offline Member

DefaultRe: The inaugural tooth brushing night

Keep up the good work, in no time he will be more cooperative - just like doing toenails.
    I also have dental tools that I use on the girls. I was such a coward though, told my dentist that my son needed dental tools for a fossil dig :
    <br />Shelby and Maddie<br />Springfield, MO

Hmmm, fossil dig! Yeah! 8) :P

Connie and "The Boys":

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a great first try!

Last time I was in I was asking them if I could bring in a meth addict to have a picture made of their mouth. Now I want dental tools to clean my dog's teeth. Cheesy
    LOL! I bet the dentist enjoys some variety (not exactly the funnest profession in my opinion).

LOL Connie!! ;D

Don't worry, we've had some pretty interesting requests.... one of my patients wanted "a picker" because he fishes, and sometimes the fishing line breaks inside the reel (??) and he needs "a picker" to pick out the end of the line. I was happy to oblige.

We have a "junk drawer" of broken instruments or ones waiting to be retipped. If your dentist doesn't, let me know, I'll go through ours.

If Simon is that passive, I'm sure you won't have a problem scaling him. Make sure you get a "universal" (or sickle) scaler... that'll prolly be the easiest.

Let me know how you do!! ;D

Trickster is offline Senior Member

Personally I give my dogs raw meaty bones to keep their teeth clean. They get them once or twice a week and their teeth look as good as new. Maisy, my oldest at 6 years, has fabulous white teeth accredited to the bones she gets. Not a hint of plaque. Toothpaste isn't necessary for dogs IMO. I feel it is just another way of humanizing them but again, just my opinion.

We brush once a week before our therapy visits and get 2 rawhides a month and doggie dentist has given us a thumbs up on the pearly whites...if only trimming his nails was this easy.

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

OK, I know this is off the topic, but:

Last time I was in I was asking them if I could bring in a meth addict to have a picture made of their mouth.
    What?

[email protected]!

Well, my big project this year has been our anti-meth campaign. I am doing all the design, and wanted to use photos of real meth addicts and the effects of meth on the body. It's not the kind of thing you can find a stock photo for, you know?* :P I was having a hard time finding a good high-res photo to illustrate "Meth Mouth," and I was bemoaning the lack of good photography of rotten teeth the last time I was in for a cleaning. My dentist actually ponied up and offered his intra-oral camera to take a photo of a meth addict's mouth for me! Fortunately, we were finally able to get one through the local DA's office, so I never had to bring in a real meth addict. Phew!*

Linda sent me a few really good ones from her DDS neighbor, but they wouldn't let me use them because they weren't from Tennessee. : Like anyone would know that! Whatever!

Here is the poster. I wrote the copy too.* :P Do you like it?

WARNING: GRAPHIC! May want to wait until after lunch...

Connie and "The Boys":

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Yeesh. I'm sorry I asked. :-X That must have been fun to look at for days.

Fantastic ad design, though! You're awesome at what you do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast