Just back from the vet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just back from the vet

1scottie2labbies is offline Senior Member

DefaultJust back from the vet

I just got back from the vet with Brodie. They think he had a Lymes disease flare up. In 8 yrs I nver seen behavior Like this from him. He shook the cat terrier style and has been very snappy. He let the vet touch him all over as soon as she went for the ear his was pushing on me hard to hold and to me looking like he wanted to bite. I told her if you have to put a muzzle on him. She said he is just warning me lets see what happens. I told her this dog is not acting at all like himself in the last 24 hrs. She knows him well and knows he usually will let you do anyhting to him, kennel cough vac in the nose fine, poke me fine. Well he snapped at her and she did muzzle him. She gave him a Anitbiotic shot and a pain pill. I swer the look on his face now is more like my boy. I hope this is why he has been so upset and cranky. Brodie is seperate from the other 2 right now just untill he feels better. The foster will be in his crate when we leave for work tonight. Brodie will still be seperate from the other animals let the medicine work and then we will see waht happens.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Just back from the vet

Poor Brodie! I know when I had Lyme, I was very cranky, too. I probably would have biten someone had I been a dog! I hope he is feeling all better soon.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

When I had Lymes I was going to Nursing school from 8am-4pm Mon thru Fri. I worked as a nurses aide Sat and Sun From 7a to 7p. I was incredibly tired and had a sinus infection that would not quit. I thought I was run down from school and stressed. Nope it was the Lymes disease. As soons as I started treatment I felt much better. So I know what the little guy is feeling. Where I live is ranked # 1 county in the nation for lymes disease.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Aww. Poor Brodie. Hopefully this explains his change in behavior. It's hard to see our furbabies when they just aren't feeling well. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by 1scottie1labby
    Where I live is ranked # 1 county in the nation for lymes disease.
    I was living in Connecticut when I got it. Are you in that vicinity?

Are you symptom free now? Whenever I get horribly tired or achy, I worry that it is back. So far I have been negative since I completed treatment, however.

Throw the ball, damn it!

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

Poor Brodie...hope he's back to his old self soon.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

I live in NY but Lyme CT is very close we are on the Mass, Ny, Conn border. I have a few symptoms should get retested but never do. When I wake up in the Morning my hand feels arthritic. Which has to be the Lymes I'm only 28 with no previous injury to the area in question.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Glad you found out his problem and hope he gets back to normal again.

Quote Originally Posted by 1scottie1labby
    I live in NY but Lyme CT is very close we are on the Mass, Ny, Conn border. I have a few symptoms should get retested but never do. When I wake up in the Morning my hand feels arthritic. Which has to be the Lymes I'm only 28 with no previous injury to the area in question.
    Yes, very close to where we lived in Milford, CT. I also have some aches and pains. I got retested last month and am negative - thank goodness! I was 28 when I got it...32 now.

Did you get a bullseye rash? Mine was HUGE, but for some reason I didn't realize what it was at the time!

Throw the ball, damn it!

I was a nursing student at the time and as all are turning inot a hyperchondriac. I was at work when I noticed the bullseye what the hel is that tyoe of thing. I was wearing scrubs and the area was on my right breats so to speak. i showed a nurse and she said it was a boil. I did not think so and was thinking Lymes disease the whole day as it got bigger. When I got off work I went to the ER told the PA. I'm a nursing student and probably neurotic what is this? He said you are right I'm concerned enough to test and treat for Lymes. Thye pulled a Titre and it was positve. The interesting part is only a small percent present with the bullseye. I think 33% the rest may never know until the symptoms get worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast