Advice on Lizzies behaviour...

Thread: Advice on Lizzies behaviour...

DefaultAdvice on Lizzies behaviour...

I need some advice, Last week whilst we were on holiday my MIL and SIL came to stay to look after Lizzie. On our return they informed us that they thought Lizzie was badly behaved ??? Apparently Lizzie barked too much in the garden, she wouldn't always come when she was called, she wasn't keeping herself very clean (she had come into season on the day we left) the list goes on and on. I was a bit taken aback by this and didn't say very much. They think that as Lizzie is now 9 months she should be perfectly trained and we are failing her. The more I think about it the more I am starting to brew on it....

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Advice on Lizzies behaviour...

She's still a puppy, they act up once in a while! I'm sure her routine was off being that you were not there.

Kathryn Guest

Maggie will be 3 in Sept. and still has bad days. Dakota didn't have a good day yesterday. She wouldn't listen to me and would NOT stay out of the kitchen and was driving me crazy. It comes with having a dog.
    Dakota is the most well behaved dog in her class here and she still isn't perfect.
    It will get better with time, but she will never be perfect in everyones eye. She can only be perfect to in your eyes.
    I always told my family that these are my dogs. If I can deal with their bad habits and such thats fine with me, they are my dogs and no one elses.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

They think that as Lizzie is now 9 months she should be perfectly trained and we are failing her.
    HA! They don't know much about labs, do they?

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Your pup sounds normal to me. The first time a dog comes into heat they generally do not know to clean themselves, they do learn or you can use a doggie diaper. As to misbehaving, she's still a puppy. It takes about 2 years for a lab to fully mature.

Allie is offline Senior Member

Going into heat can make her more contrary as well. From about that age to 2-3 years, there will be good days and bad! They are the "teen" years, pretty much.
    Allie, Teddy (6), Emily (7), and Ivy (4)

Thanks everyone, I feel happier now... they are so critical of her and us... I don't know why???