Heartworm..

Thread: Heartworm..

Kathryn Guest

DefaultHeartworm..

Dakota didn't get her heartworm yesterday because I left my brain somewhere the last few days and just found it today. :-[
    Our vet sells them one at a time for their puppies that will be over 50lbs at some point. Well I forgot to take her Friday to have her weighed and get her heartworm. Will it be okay to take her Monday and do it then? Or will that mess everything up?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Heartworm..

Sure -- that'll be fine.* Don't give yourself anymore frequent flier miles on a guilt trip.

FWIW, I* give Puff her Frontline Plus and her Interceptor every 45 days and she's been clear of fleas and ticks and negative for heartworm
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Kathryn Guest

Oh good. I thought I checked my paper work and it wasnt till next week.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I do heartworm pills every 35-40 days and flea stuff every 2 to 2 1/2 months. I think the cycle for heartworms is 45-50 days but someone who knows more can answer that.

I also do heartworm every 40 days (give or take a day or two). Flea/tick stuff maybe 2-3 times in te summer/fall. So far it's just been once this year, but I am going to Frontline the fur kids next week, then maybe September and that should be good for the year.

I heartworm once every 45 days and flea and tick every 2 or 3 months. I never have had a problem. If I am taking her to the forest I make sure she gets the flea and tick stuff a week or so in advance. We don't have a big problem here in our yard or park in Phoenix so every 2 or 3 months keeps her clear.

Kathryn Guest

awesome! We are going tomorrow morning when they open to get it.