New friend

Thread: New friend

WigWag Guest

DefaultNew friend

The dogs had a new friend come over tonight - a coonhound mix named Colby. I have seen his owner walking him many times recently down our street. The other night I was upstairs changing the baby when I heard the front door squeak open and shut. Hmmmmm? I came down the stairs to see Clint and Wigeon in the road saying hello to the dog and his owner! Clint knows how to open the screen door. I ran out apologizing profusely thinking how terrifying that could be walking your dog and two big dogs come flying out of a house and tearing across the lawn into the street. Luckily she said she remembers meeting me walking Wigeon and Scout months ago and I said my dogs were friendly. We got to talking and she said that Colby is a rescue dog and loves other dogs but never gets to see/play with any. So I invited her over when she walks by and tonight she came by. Colby was a bit intimidated by all the dogs and the yard but he ran around a bit with Wigeon and Cuffy played chase a bit and he and Clint play bowed back and forth for 10 minutes - quite comical and he even jumped in the kiddie pool and his owner says he doesn't like water! Leave it to Labradors to teach another dog that water is fun!

Oh the dogs also had a good day because Morgan learned to eat Cheerios the other day and then today learned that it's funny to feed them to the dogs. She was on the floor with her bowl and four dogs surrounding her and she would hand one off one by one and laugh hysterically. Mackenzie is at the beach for the weekend with Grandma and PopPop so she will get a kick out of that on Monday when she come home (life is rough huh?)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: New friend

giggled at the Cheerios....Kira (neighbor's 1yr old) loves to share Cheerios w/Zoe. So fun to watch.
    Linda and ZoŽ, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

The Texas Tank is offline Senior Member

What a great video that would be with the Cheerios.
    Sandie, Tank 5/25/1998 - 07/08/2011, Orson & Sully

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

We have alleys where we live in Phoenix and found a note taped to ours one day(the garbage cans are in the alley so we are out our gate every day or two). The people who moved in behind us on the other street have a lab and she sits by her gate and pouts it seems. She hears Cinnamon and Cierra my BR fox hound playing and she whines wanting to join in. They ask if the dogs could get together. We walked around and talked to them gave them our number and told them to give us a call when they are home and hear the dogs and we would unlock the gate. Jasmine has come over to play twice. Cinnamon taught her the joys of a swimming pool the first time.

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

Clint and Widgeon...so scary...Not!...glad to hear they made a new friend...got to love Labs..ambassadors of good will.

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Awww. I love coonhounds (except for the BARKING BARKING BARKING BARKING BARKING all the time)--they're happy and silly just like Labs, so I bet they'd make great friends!

biscuit is offline Senior Member

Labbies ARE good ambassadors!!
    I love the story of the cheerios. I am pregnant and due in December. I am already looking forward to the day that the baby discovers two labs sitting below her highchair or walker, who will be mesmerized by her new found cheerios. I envision an accidental dropping of one, the diving for it by one (or both!) of the dogs, and a squeal of delight at the new found power the baby will have over entertaining her labby buddies!
    I can see more cheerios ending up in the dogs than the baby!

<br />Kristin &amp; Biscuit

So where are the Cheerio pictures? lol

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

If the picture of Morgan feeding the dogs Cheerios is anywhere near as dear as Mackenzie holding her little tea party picture, it has got to be adorable!

I'd love to a pic of the hound, too.

Seamus and Flynn