Where are you taking your lab on vacation? Top Ten Pet Friendly Vacation Spots

Thread: Where are you taking your lab on vacation? Top Ten Pet Friendly Vacation Spots

DefaultWhere are you taking your lab on vacation? Top Ten Pet Friendly Vacation Spots

Are you taking your lab on vacation with you?

After seeing this list, I want my dog to become a Dog Scout at Dog Scout Camp.

Top Ten Pet Friendly Vacation Spots
    http://www.petvr.com/index.php/pages/dogvacations.html

Do you know of any other great dog friendly vacation places?*

Any vacation Photos?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Anne is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Where are you taking your lab on vacation? Top Ten Pet Friendly Vacation Spots

Massachusettes' Cape and Islands are very dog friendly. We were down in Truro (on the Cape) last year and couldn't believe how relaxed the businesses and restaurants were about dogs.

We live within an hour of Acadia National Park (#2 on your list) so that is any easy jaunt for us to take the dogs. However, we stay the heck out of there this time of year. Too many tourists! LOL

Camping, I would think, would be the ultimate dog-holiday.

Murphy, Riley, and Piper

DefaultRe: Where are you taking your lab on vacation? Top Ten Pet Friendly Vacation Spots

My hiking partner

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

we usually get a cabin on a lake for a week in NH, Vermont or Maine...Lucy loves it. We can't justify a vacation this year...time to buy a new car.
    Next year I would like to do Maine coast or the Outer Banks in North Carolina.

Manteo's Mom is offline Senior Member

We go to the Outer Banks, NC. Manteo has already been there twice this year. We're going again late September. It's so much fun because it's not crowded at all, and most of the people there have their dogs with them. We get to meet so many nice people and Manteo has fun romping with their dogs. It's like a week long dog fest!!!

DefaultRe: Where are you taking your lab on vacation? Top Ten Pet Friendly Vacation Sp

We just went to South Lake Tahoe and found a nice dog friendly beach called Kiva Beach. I posted a few shots here http://www.tinkertech.net/blog2/arch...ch-lake-tahoe/ The beach was really beautiful and the forest behind us was stunning.

The cabin we stayed at is dog friendly and it's in a beautiful location. There is a huge meadow and a small river running behind the home. This is a picture of the view from our deck.

Lexie had a great time of course!

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

We have family in Hilton Head and Savannah so we'll be going there. I used to live at the beach so my older dog Prudence loves it...Brigetta has never been.
    When she gets older I want to take her hiking and camping...my sister and her husband take their kids and German Shepard to the mountains in North Carolina...Cherokee...they say it is very dog-friendly.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

georgie is offline Senior Member

We have been taking our labs to the Outer Banks for the last ten years. We go in May & Sept. It's the off season so it's not crowded & it is very dog friendly.

Outer Banks:
    Breakfast in Corolla:

Playing in the surf:

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Before we moved from So. Cal this spring, we spent the last three summers up at the Russian River in Nor. Cal. This one company rents houses, and MOST of them are dog friendly. We always picked one with great water access and spent a week wine tasting in the day and swimming in the river with the dogs at night.

This is our boy Hudler from last summer...the last fun thing before his TPLO surgery:

Or check out this link: http://chocolabs.tripod.com/id9.html

It looks like Lake Tahoe is the place for us.
    Thanks for the note and photo