Like a guest that stays too long...

Thread: Like a guest that stays too long...

Taffys Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultLike a guest that stays too long...

IT IS TIME FOR MYSTIC TO GO HOME!!!

She's really not bad and is generally well-behaved, but...

She pooped in the house again today. And today, hubby came home around noon and let her out. But when he got home at 4...another pile greeted him. And she's jumpy. She's scratched off the paint on my door frame (I don't mind - I touch it up twice a year anyway). And she started to chew my carpet! Just the corner of the landing - a few stray strands gave her away and after vacuuming you can't notice it. But still. I think I'm glad she's leaving in an hour! ;D

She is 2-1/2 and chews NOTHING at home anymore (except the occasional stuffed animal - of which I have none anyway). And when I told my sis about yesterday's poop - she was shocked. Said that was the one thing she was NOT worried about! I guess this has been very stressful on her. I know it has for Taffy. She has her ears back all the time and did not even come down today when I left for work! She always sits at the bottom of the stairs to say goodbye. I had to call her a few times! Poor thing. She's not used to this! She does not seem bothered when she stays at my sister's tho. Just at her own home.

Well, see ya Mystic! Nice to have you. Come back again real...uh...nevermind! ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mia&Buddy is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Like a guest that stays too long...

So I guess that this means I can't send Buddy over next week?

It's not uncommon for dogs to poo or pee in a strange house. Many rescues have a few accidents in their new homes. Did she go home? Taffy must be very happy to have "her house" back. lol

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

I'll just ditto Danie's post for emphasis. Hope your home rhythm is back to normal in short order.

Seamus and Flynn

Taffys Mom is offline Senior Member

She just left. I enjoyed having her (even with my complaints). I wish Taffy had enjoyed it. She is definitely happy she left. I guess she's used to almost 8 years of not sharing us and her house? We will probably have her again at the end of August when my sis takes my niece to college. Maybe the more she's here? Taffy really doesn't seem distressed at all when at my sister's house for a few days.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I will just add Ernies name to the list.

Taffy is such a good girl.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

It's very difficult for a dog raised as an "only" child to start sharing their space and their people. Sounds to me like Taffy was pretty good about it all! I remember how difficult it was for us when we had our first dog and 8 years later introduced a second dog. Man oh man was there growling around here and heaven forbid if I allowed another dog close to me!!

Even tho I have 3 dogs now my Jakie is still extremely possessive and protective and will growl at a strange dog in the house. That's why I always try to introduce them out in the yard for a while first.

Her pooping was probably a sign she's ready to leave the motel and wants to go home. Often my females will poop when they are done nursing puppies and want to wean them. I think it's their statement on the situation.