Ever hear of Lab that doesn't like to swim or play with the hose ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever hear of Lab that doesn't like to swim or play with the hose ???

DefaultEver hear of Lab that doesn't like to swim or play with the hose ???

My Mollie, 9mths does not like to swim in our pool or even play with the hose. I was always under the impression that ALL LABS were WATER DOGS.....any information on this subject would be appreciated !! THANKS IN ADVANCE.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mama3tikes is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ever hear of Lab that doesn't like to swim or play with the hose ???

your Mollie and my Koko! We just keep trying!

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Zoe loves swimming, but will not play w/the hose or go into her kiddie pool on her own.
    She likes to drink water from the hose, though...

Oh, and she hates rain.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

My Boomer doesn't like water hoses or sprinklers! But he loves to swim. He is still young so maybe as he gets older he will like those things better.

Buckyball is offline Senior Member

Buck is like that!! He runs from the sprinklers! he runs from the hose...he runs away from the pool...I took him to a lake last weekend he kinda waded around a little which is a first for him. He is 6.5 months old. I have been told that some dogs get afraid if they can see the bottom of the water...like in a pool...have you tried to take your pup to a lake or a pond and just kinda wade around and encourage him to get in using his favorite toy or food?
    <3 01/01/2006-03/18/2017 <3

Like Zoe, Nellie loves to swim but hates the hose except to take a drink and she will not get in her baby pool. She can take or leave a rainy day.

I found with my last 2 labs that they needed some kind of incentive to start swimming. With one it was a tennis ball just out of reach in a canal. Once she got started I could not keep her out. With the other lab it was a thrown stick she really wanted.

Henry loves to swim but hates HATES the hose, getting hosed down by the hose, and the sprinkler... attached to the hose.

He was out in the yard once when I was setting up the sprinkler, and looked quite indignant as the stream of water fell on him at periodic intervals. He didn't budge an inch, just looked indignant, and just stood there, getting drenched. Doesn't much like the rain either.

But loves to swim. ;D

Give your pup time... Mollie may come around! ;D

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

My Puff thinks a hose with water coming out of it is an instrument of torture.

See the link below for advice on how to get a Lab swimming:

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...ic,6471.0.html
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

I've never known a lab who did not like water.

When it comes to water, my Lexi, is a typical lab through and through. The little creek that runs through my parents neighborhood, garden hose, swimming pool, the bigger creek in the local park, even rain puddles... she wade through any water, any where and definitely any time.

Heck tonight I was on the side of the house rinsing out a bucket with the garden hose & I whistled for her so I could spray the hose towards her. Never imagined she would come all the way around the house and pop through the IF line. She got a small hit off it as she was clearing the zone. I felt so bad :-[ about that happening to her.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

2LabsInNEPA Guest

Both my Labs love water, but won't swim. They just wade! ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast