What the heck is so good about "Rabbit Crap??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What the heck is so good about "Rabbit Crap??

DefaultWhat the heck is so good about "Rabbit Crap??

Mercedes has started eating the delicacy..rabbit crap"...she never had this problem with eating any kind of poop before, now at almost 2 yrs of age I am having this gross problem!! I have tried ..leave it.. gave her a small smack onthe nose.... and even washed her mouth out with diluted vinegar..no go..as soon as she sees me out of sight, there she goes with the rabbit crap. It is cruel to keep her indoors all the time, but the thought is crossing my mind,just going out on a leash for pee and poop. I was wondering if she is eating this because she is lacking something in her diet or is ill...of course she gets ill and pukes from eating rabbit crap and also gets loose stoll fromthe dam stuff... . Could there be a problem with needing a vitamin or with anemia ,Iknow humans eat dirt , ice, hair, etc when they have pica,, which means soemthing is not right with their bodies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mama3tikes is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What the heck is so good about "Rabbit Crap??

Well my vet call's "bunny poop" the caviar of dog treats! We are still and always will be working on LEAVE IT for that one. Koko thinks it is the best!

Allie is offline Senior Member

Why are you so concerned? It's just a little poo...and it's mostly grass and fibrous stuff the rabbits couldn't digest. We have a ton of bunnies around here and all 3 of mine eat it...I just liken it to eating grass. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Allie, Teddy (6), Emily (7), and Ivy (4)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mama3tikes is offline Senior Member

We do have Koko checked for worms everyother month or so as the Vet said that would be the only problem. She even told me to use it as a training aid!!! toung in cheek of course.........i think?

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

My vet told me not to sweat it, that almost all dogs will eat it given the chance. The only alternative is bunny proofing your yard. We try to correct that behavior when we see it but otherwise, bunnie berries are just a dog fact of life. :

I guess I better get withthe program and realize..dogs will be dogs. My neighbor scared me and said she will get worms from the pellets and that they may have a bacteria... of course that is coming from a woman who has a standard poodle who is 12 and never comes outof the house without her.My girl is a ruff neck of a rag a van, what got me worried was the fact that she never bothered with any sort of poop before and that this habit just started after she got spayed...I am grabbing at straws here..but thanks for the word not to worry. still it is yucky :P

Mia&Buddy is offline Senior Member

In the dog world, yucky = good!*

Mmmmmmm, bunny poop is CoCo puffs, Deer dung is raisinettes and cat turds are tootsie rolls!

Blondedog Guest

Bruce doesn't really care for bunny poo his favourites are elk or deer and his very most favourite.....horse.

Deer poop is a favorite of my two - they can sniff it out and scarf it down before I even realize that's what they are up to! I've learned to notstick my hand in a mouth to dig out whatever they have in it............poop and spit are a delightful mix!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast