Molly: more tests
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Molly: more tests

sloigo is offline Senior Member

DefaultMolly: more tests

FRIDAY A.M. UPDATE: I was sad when I had left the office this morning & not for the obvious reasons. Molly has lost two pounds since Monday, her last time at the office. I know in my readings I have read about how important nutrition is especially right NOW for her body. I just keep trying to tell myself.... just a few more days, just a few more days, & it will ALL be out on paper & THEY will go from there. Hang on my little girl!
    Thursday, UPDATE: Molly is being dropped off first thing in the morning (Friday) & will have to stay the night. She will have bone core samples taken in the tumor site which will tell them for sure what the status of the tumor is. The aspiration was not enough to give the lab a definitive result. They (the Lab) also could see "cells that appeared to be cancerous in nature but not enough to be definitive." The results should be back by Tuesday.
    More waiting.....* ??? I just HATE THIS! She appears to be in quiet a bit of pain now, limping a lot & not wanting to bare much weight on it!

This was the CONVERSATION I had, TRYING to GET her IN ASAP, just for the TEST.
    (The girl at the front desk said she didnt "see anything open till Monday for her procedure ". I said "look, do you not realize we are dealing with a FAST SPREADING CANCER. We have waited a week now with test results. Wait till Monday for a procedure & another 4 days for results. Then if YOU CAN fit us in to CHOP her leg off NEXT week & give us a few Chemo treatments, that will almost be a MONTH from when we first found it. That means she may only have TWO MONTHS LEFT TO LIVE. "I want to speak with the DOCTOR!" She took my number & he called back in about an hour.* He said we could* drop her off in the morning & he would do her procedure by noon & would call the Labratory & let them know the samples were on the way, since we were coming up on the weekend. Geeze, all I want is to have her around for a few years...3 legs are fine, they poke around & who knows how long we will have.)
    Karen, Mom to the Lab Monkeys:
    Daisy DoBug YL 7 yr old
    Kiana YL 5/2006
    Piglet 4/2006 Lab @ Heart
    Liberty 7/2/2009
    **Bella Mia 5 yo (RIP~2/07)**
    *Molly Blu 2.5 yr old (RIP~7/06)*

LOLIN.ORG Saving one lab at a time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Molly: more tests

Oh my goodness, what you are going through. I'm so sorry. :'( Is the procedure tomorrow to take the leg, or just to get a better sample? Sorry, I am confused.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Taffys Mom is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry for all this Karen. Hoping for the best possible outcome for Molly.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Poor Molly. Praying for good results on Tuesday.

hark67 is offline Senior Member

Oh Karen...I am so sorry. I work in the medical field and I am at times disturbed and amazed at the lack of understanding/compassion of some of the people working in this field. There are those that just don't "get it". I am lucky to work for a doctor that feels each and every patient is to be treated the same way as you would treat your own family. Sure it is more work sometimes but we are in a profession that calls for you to go above and beyond. When there is something urgent things need to get moved around. We make the time for it. Isn't it unfortunate that you had to go through that upset during this already difficult time? I am sure glad you Molly in tomorrow. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

sloigo is offline Senior Member

She is just going to have the bone core samples (take little plugs of the tumor) taken Connie. I tried to fix my origional post to make it a little clearer. The last part was me talking to the desk girl who...well could find a open appointment till next week for us for the test....by the time they poke around, we will have wasted a month & if you dont remove the cancerous limb quickly, death can come in 2-3 months. So the Dr. called & she can go in TOMORROW, instead of Monday of next week.......
    Karen, Mom to the Lab Monkeys:
    Daisy DoBug YL 7 yr old
    Kiana YL 5/2006
    Piglet 4/2006 Lab @ Heart
    Liberty 7/2/2009
    **Bella Mia 5 yo (RIP~2/07)**
    *Molly Blu 2.5 yr old (RIP~7/06)*

LOLIN.ORG Saving one lab at a time.

Blondedog Guest

I hope all goes well for Molly.

talleyJudy is offline Senior Member

Good for you for "rattling your vet's cage".

Hopes and prayers for an outcome that adds years to Molly's prognosis.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." author Will Rogers

Auggie 12/29/95 ~ 01/15/09

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

I'm happy you spoke up and got results for a speedy visit. Now we'll just pray for good results.

zgirls is offline Senior Member

Oh Karen, I am so sorry...........thank goodness you stood up for Molly and you to get in to the vet's quicker.....please know we are holding you and your precious one in our hearts and prayers............hang in there, Lee
    Lee
    Mother of Zoe Mae and Zeb AKA The Mess Pot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast