Abby just ate like 2 lbs of pork roast, do I make her barf or leave it?(ipdated)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abby just ate like 2 lbs of pork roast, do I make her barf or leave it?(ipdated)

TangerineFizz is offline Senior Member

DefaultAbby just ate like 2 lbs of pork roast, do I make her barf or leave it?(ipdated)

What do I do?* I know pork can be bad for them in large quantities. She ate practically the whole 4.5 lb roast...* *To induce vomiting or not?

Well, luckily, she slept through the night no illness or surprises. She was doing the "OMG, I gotta go out and crap" dance at precisely 6 a.m. though!! Let's say that that was a bowel movement of tremendous porportions however. So far she's still not showing signs of any obstructions or discomfort, other then being really sucky to both SU and I as if to apologize for eating it.

Thanks for the advice and well wishes everyone!
    Me, Abzilla and the Helomonster.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Abby just ate like 2 lbs of pork roast, do I make her barf or leave it?

Oh gosh, that's a lot.
    No advice here but hope she'll be okay. (was it cooked or raw?)
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

DefaultRe: Abby just ate like 2 lbs of pork roast, do I make her barf or leave it?

Cooked. I'm gonna phone the vet to double check... I always just think of you guyses first, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing....

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know much about a situation like this, but my first instinct says to make her throw it up.

That much food at one time could possibly cause an obstruction or some such thing.

The Texas Tank is offline Senior Member

I would leave it and just watch her very very closely for the next few hours.
    Sandie, Tank 5/25/1998 - 07/08/2011, Orson & Sully

Brigettas Mom is offline Senior Member

My friends JRT once ate a roast right out of the crock pot...her belly was as tight as drum and she had very bad diarrhea...but was ok. I would definitely call the vet...let us know what they say...hope Abby is ok.

Teresa, mom to Brigetta and Prudence

Freakin vets. I am so mad right now. I can't even get a stinkin answer on the phone. My regular vet's office refers you to a emergency clinic, where when I call has an answering machine that tells you to leave a message and proceed to the clinic, which is from my house, like a 40 minute drive.

So, I call another clinic, get their emerg vet # and call there. Of course he cannot tell me what to do over the phone, but then, just when I have him sweet talked into it, he asks me who my regular clinic is. I tell him and whoa! It was like I just gave him the kiss of death "You are NOT to call this number again" and hangs up on me. WTF???

Oh no Karina!!

No advice, but hope Abby doesn't get too much of a sore tummy for her troubles.

Mirabella is offline Senior Member

I don't have an answer either but hope it will be OK!

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

If she's acting normal, I'd just keep an eye on her. I had an Irish once that ate 5lbs of pork ribs. He was just fine.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast