dog dreams?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dog dreams?

Kathryn Guest

Defaultdog dreams?

I was sitting here watching Dakota sleep in my bed and got to thinking. Shes never had a dream at all. Like the ones where they are barking and all that good stuff.
    Maggie dreams ever now and again and so will Copper.
    I think shes part human part dog and the dog part hasn't kicked in all the way...

Do your puppers dream?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: dog dreams?

Oh yes. Wimpering, snuffling, wriggling and twitching feet, nose, tail. Adorable. He also snores, drools, tries to steal my pillow, and is a complete bed hog. Less endearing somehow.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

WigWag Guest

I think most animals dream. Our rats would have little rat dreams. We had a cat that was hit by a car before we got her and every once in a while she would have a crazy dream that would send her flying off my lap in a panic and I always thought she dreamed of that incident. I like to think my dogs dream of me and I'm sure they do - they must dream about what they see and experience just like we do. I don't know why but it's amazing to me in a way that their minds could form images of us.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Dakota probably doesn't act out her dreams. My favorite is the tail-wagging dreams.

MYJAKE is offline Senior Member

I have never seen Jake do the "Dog Dream", but I was watching Brody the other night. All of his paws were twitching and he was making a weird woofing sound. Brody also does the snoring bit!
    Gary - Owned by Jake and Brody in Georgia

My chocolate Bo would suckle in some of his dreams. Honest to goodness I thought that was the cutest thing I've ever seen or heard. A grown boy sucking on something very tasty too. Haley dreams too. She twitches her ears and legs and growls a funny growl. Sometimes her tail wags and sometimes her legs move like she is running. Sometimes her head pops up out of a deep sleep with one eye open like "where am I?" and those make me the saddest. She was a rescue and I have to wonder if those are her bad dreams. I coax her on the head and just tell her she's home safe and sound and she dozes right back off.

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Yes, all three dogs do. Barking, wiggling, running, sniffing. As a matter of fact the other night Reggie was asleep on the couch, laying on his side dreaming. He lifted his back leg straight up in the air. I wonder what he was dreaming about. I also wonder if dogs have nightmares? What do you think?

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rangermom
    I also wonder if dogs have nightmares?* What do you think?
    I have thought the same thing

maggieandfinn is offline Senior Member

Maggie has dreams and nightmares. Sometimes she will be laying there and start wimpering and you can fee her body jumping or shaking. Scared me in the beginning but I am getting used to it now. Her nightmares we have to wake her up. She gets really loud and whining and growling a few times.

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maggiesparents
    Her nightmares we have to wake her up.* She gets really loud and whining and growling a few times.
    I have heard your not suppost to wake them up when they are dreaming. Not sure why you don't, I never asked why.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast