Male or Female?

Thread: Male or Female?

DefaultMale or Female?

I know this question has been asked before, but I couldn't seem to find the thread. When you have 2 dogs living together, is it better to have them both the same sex, or should you have one of each, or does it not really matter?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Male or Female?

The temperament of the dogs is much more important than the sex. If you have a dominant dog, choose a breeder/rescue that will help you select a more laid back pup/dog. If you have a submissive dogs, you can go with whatever. I had three males (two of which were jrts-known for same sex aggression) and never had any problems because they all had great (non-dominant) personalities. Now I have two of each

Tempermant is the main issuse to consider...sometimes sex can have a role in it if there is not an established alpha dog.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trish!!!! It's me Aleta! I saw your post about someone loosing their lab under H&N. I PM'd you but not sure if you check that or not! Drop me a line and let me know what's going on. As far as having the same sex dogs under one roof depends on how submissive they each are. If both want the alpha order you will have a constant struggle for dominance in either two males or two females. I've always understood it is a best match to have a male and a female instead of the same sex but it really depends on the nature of both dogs. I am so excited its you!

Sorry guys..I was so excited I meant to PM her and wound up making it public! Geeze! :