Flynn has an office again

Thread: Flynn has an office again

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultFlynn has an office again

He hasn't used his crate in about 1-1/2 years. It's one of those enormous wire ones. I hauled it inside before I brought Tud home from hospital just in case I needed to contaiin Flynnie for any reason. I haven't had to... he's been marvelously well mannered.

But in the evening when we're all watching TV (and last night when the fireworks were going off), into his crate he goes. On his own. He just pawed the gate open and wandered on in. The crate is situated so it's partially in the family room and partially in the living (l/r we never use - it's really the dog room now). He can see everything going on, he's not so far away that he feels left out, and he seems really content in there. I don't even get up to get him a treat or anything...don't want to upset his own terms.

I'm so glad he's happy with it again because it also gives me another surface upon which to put stuff!!

Seamus and Flynn

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Flynn has an office again

Yep! Our crate is a great surface too... we put a sheet over it and then I put a basket to keep dog stuff in on top... but invariably the laptop or iPods will end up there too (no worries, no cords can fall in).
    ~Jo & CoCo

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

Maybe Flynn needs a computer and network connection in there too?

Great, another thread to be envious of the OP. Toby doesn't hate is crate, but he certainly doesn't go into it on his own. No serious protests, no problems once he's in (though he did manage to pull a Houdini and somehow escape once), but I don't see him ever choosing it as a place to hang out on his own.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the day he doesn't need it at all and we can put it away. Somehow, we just never found a place in the house where I didn't mind looking at it. However, I watched a show over the weekend where this guy renovated a house and in his new kitchen, he built in a permanent, large crate as the base of the kitchen island - wire sides and door, butcher-block top. I thought that was brilliant. His dog looked really happy with it, too.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I'm so glad he's happy with it again because it also gives me another surface upon which to put stuff!!
    LOL!! I know what you mean. Frankie's crate becomes the place to put the pile of clean laundry on at night.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Emyly is offline Senior Member

I've got a piece of cardboard and a throw over mine as well. . makes a nice coffee table and the cardboard ensures Duke not chewing holes in the top
    ~Em~