Laura (Labby)?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laura (Labby)?

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

DefaultLaura (Labby)?

What do you do with all the poop? You must have a system to collect and keep it in until trash day. :-X
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paula is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Laura (Labby)?

Not Laura, but I have a system. ;D I keep a bucket with a large trash bag in it. I follow the dogs with the pooper scooper and pick it up when they go, I then deposit it in the bucket. I throw it out with the trash twice a week on our garbage days.

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

oh, sorry, Paula! I forgot that you have an entire house of poop machines, too!

So you just dump it all in a trash can? Doesn't it stink to high heaven? I throw up really easily!

We tried cat litter, but it was so heavy!
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

We don't have a whole crew of puppers, but at our beach place we use a separate trash can, and we have a stick on air freshner on the bottom and on the sides. It has one of those flippy lids so air can get out and the smell isn't too bad. We toss the poo in a grocery bag that's lining the can, tie it up on trash days and toss it in with the rest
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Paula is offline Senior Member

I keep a trash bag in the bucket, I keep a board on top in between scooping poop. I only throw it in the garbage can the night before the garbage truck passes. I tie up the garbage bag tightly.
    I use the Hefty cinch sack.

I might can help. I also have a gag reflex that can kill a cow and it can be triggered by smells. I go to the local feed store and get the product they use on stall floors. There used to be one called stable boy. It worked great. it was a very fine powder that destroyed ammonia smells. I used it the stalls, the doggy poop can and the cat's litter box, oh and the litter box I trained the puppies too. It worked great but now I can't find it anymore. There is another one but it is like cat litter but works much better and you need to use as much like you would with real cat litter. Another method that I have used before is baking soda and wood shavings. You can get baking soda at the feed store too in big 25+lb bags and use wood shavings. Between the 2 it helps with the smell. Pine shavings are cheaper but cedar smells stronger and longer. Either way the more you bag, double bag, and triple bag the less smell there is. That is until one of the pops. :-X Anyway hopefully ones of these methods will help.

Quote Originally Posted by izzy
    I might can help. I also have a gag reflex that can kill a cow and it can be triggered by smells. I go to the local feed store and get the product they use on stall floors. There used to be one called stable boy. It worked great. it was a very fine powder that destroyed ammonia smells. I used it the stalls, the doggy poop can and the cat's litter box, oh and the litter box I trained the puppies too. It worked great but now I can't find it anymore. There is another one but it is like cat litter but works much better and you need to use as much like you would with real cat litter. Another method that I have used before is baking soda and wood shavings. You can get baking soda at the feed store too in big 25+lb bags and use wood shavings. Between the 2 it helps with the smell. Pine shavings are cheaper but cedar smells stronger and longer. Either way the more you bag, double bag, and triple bag the less smell there is. That is until one of the pops. :-X Anyway hopefully ones of these methods will help.
    That is Sweet Pdz ... We use it too; around a tree where all my males like to hike their legs. Great stuff! If you have a Petsmart with a tack shop, they might carry it. Otherwise, a lot of feed stores carry it.

I'm lucky; with my crew of 7, we have woods behind the house, so I sling poop far and wide! LOL It sure does work out frustrations some days!!

poop slinging *laughs*

labby is offline Senior Member

We have two disposal systems. One is a poop bag that goes out in the trash weekly. The other is the woods behind the house.

Laura

tootsiesmom is offline Senior Member

I found GOOD use for my poop....I wish I had MORE dogs LOL. With the wildlife (ahem.....DEER and rabbits) we have the garden is good prey. I use the poop to surround the garden. Sounds GROSS but (knock on wood) I haven't lost anything yet. Just have to watch where I step.

We use the Sweet PDZ also, but for the horses stall when it is in use. It keeps the flies at bay surprisingly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast