Oh lah, fighty dogs!

Thread: Oh lah, fighty dogs!

DefaultOh lah, fighty dogs!

Okay, so our house backs onto hydrolands... which means there's a big field and on the other side of this field, more houses. Way down the street on the other side of the hydrolands, there are two neighbouring houses which both kennel their dogs outside in runs(they're not labs... one's a rottie and I think the other is something small...sounds like it anyway).

Whenever these dogs are let out of their kennels (sounds around the same time every night) they fence-fight. Is this for real? They tear up and down the common fence, snarling and screaming at each other.

I have been walking Henery when all of a sudden I can hear one dog barking its fool head off and the other shrieking (that's the only word I have to describe it). It sounds like someone's getting killed, honest to god. This is not normal barking! The only other time I've heard this shrieking/screaming is when Henery was attacked.

Before I figured out that it was these two dogs separated by a fence, I seriously thought that there was a dog fight going on and one dog was screaming "uncle".

I've dubbed them The Fighty Dogs, but seriously, is this common??

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Oh lah, fighty dogs!

Well, I don't know if the shrieking sounds normal. That happens every time?

But yes, fence fighting is pretty common apparently. It happens all the time in our backyard. > Our stupid neighbors have this terrier that will NOT leave the boys alone. It is not fenced, or leashed, but it likes to run up to the fence and challenge them every time it gets out.

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

I was actually thinking about your neighbour's terror... oops, I meant terrier! LOL!

Yep, there is shrieking of some sort from one or the other every time. Barking is one thing, it's the screaming that scares me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

Did you say they were chain link fences? I wonder if they're hurting themselves.

I got all excited this weekend when our neighbor's patio furniture appeared to be gone. But it reappeared hours later. I guess they were just cleaning their deck. :'(

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

Nope, solid wood privacy fence! I'm puzzled... ???

if it is a wood fence that may be the reason for the shreiking because the dogs cannot see each other we have a chain link and the neighbors dog and our chase each other and bark but my parents have a wood fence and the bark is different when they can't see what they are fence fighting.

clancey canuck Guest

We have a privacy fence between my 2 *ahem* angels and 2 terriers next door. Yep shrieky noisy stuff happens alot. My 2 boys have literally worn down the earth running up and down the fence line. I think it is worse because they can't see each other