Some People!!!

Thread: Some People!!!

Dawn is offline Senior Member

DefaultSome People!!!

So there was a very old, very large yellow lab wandering around my back field today, looking very confused. Had never seen her before, she was soaking wet, and her front paw was bleeding. Also, she was panting heavily and trembling all over, so it was pretty obvious she had been on an "adventure".

I have to give her owners credit because she did have a collar with nametags, address and phone # -- something I did not have on Mocha 3 years ago when she wandered off. I called the owners, who live about 3 miles from here, and they came over to get her. Turns out she's 13 and according to her owner, has taken to roaming quite a bit lately, especially with the thunderstorms we've been having, plus fireworks. He said he didn't know what to do about it, because they had never "tied" her before, and he was totally unconcerned about her paw as he loaded her up in his car. (Um ..... maybe don't let her out unsupervised (???) )

Oh well, I just felt sorry for the old gal. We are too overly attached to our dogs and sometimes tend to treat them more like children than animals -- I admit that. But I felt sad to see her go home with somebody who'd probably let her wander off again tomorrow, maybe to be hit by a car or to get truly lost in the woods. ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Some People!!!

How terribly sad.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I always feel bad for dogs that aren't as lucky to live with people like we are here at the forum. I would rather be the way I am with my labs...very protective & they are part of our family.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dawson Creek Girl is offline Senior Member

Exactly my way of thinking.
    Like right now my husband is managing a campground and I won't stay anymore than three days at a time cause it is unfair for our cat to be home alone ~so I spend time there and come home for three days too.
    I know when our puppy arrives home in a few months she'll be 'our little baby' and I don't know how people can have animals and be so disconcerned for them at times.
    •*´¯`*•.¸¸.•Patti•*´¯`*•.¸¸.•

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

awww...too sad. I know what you mean Dawn. Hope the old girl is going to be okay.

That's sad. It's a struggle for me to realize that there are dog owners out there who don't feel the way that we feel about our "furkids". Not to say that they love them any less or anything, maybe it's just different...?

I guess that there are people out there to whom a dog is "just a dog".

Hope that poor girl will be okay.