Some more heartbreak
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Some more heartbreak

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultSome more heartbreak

Darby was diagnosed with lymphoma last night. I had to rush her to the ER vet last night when she wouldn't eat dinner. After tests, they came to that conclusion. She spent the night in the ER while I tried bracing myself to put her to sleep this morning.

I picked her up this morning and took her to my own vet. He wanted an ultrasound done on her abdomen. He's not comfortable with putting her down yet. He wasn't 100% convinced its lymphoma. So I took her down to the Detroit area to the clinic who did Darby's TPLO surgery years ago.

They didn't do the ultrasound. They didn't feel it would tell them any more than the xrays did plus it was $450. I've already paid over $1000 since last night and I just can't afford that too.

They feel its lymphoma also. Too many signs point to it. Her liver is huge and so is her spleen. Both are pushing the intestines over to the side which is causing her difficulty in passing stool. They took needle biopsies from her liver and a couple of her lymph nodes. They weren't happy with the slides they got from the ER vet. The pathology reports won't be in until Thursday.

Until then they want, and my own vet agreed, to keep Darby alive and on prednisone. Mega doses of prednisone. Once the paths come back or if she crashes between now and then, we'll make the decision on her. I will not let her suffer. My vet doesn't think she is in the suffering stage yet and he knows I will not do heroic measures on my dogs. He is comfortable with letting her be on the pred until the paths come back on Thursday.

So she's resting now. As with Boomer, I will treasure each day the good Lord gives me.

Just so its clear, I am not asking anyone's opinion on my decisions. Don't tell me that you disagree with what I have said because frankly I don't care. If you don't like my decision keep it to yourself because I don't care. As last time when I mentioned something going on with my life, my emotions are raw right now. I would appreciate it if you respect my decisions and keep the negative to yourself.

Laura

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Some more heartbreak

So sorry Laura :'(
    ~Lindsay

Emyly is offline Senior Member

((((((((((((Laura))))))))))))

I am so sorry-- Darby will be in my prayers, and you too.
    ~Em~

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Oh Laura I'm so sorry to hear about Darby :'( I'll be thinking some good thoughts for her and sending up some prayers. Keep us posted please.
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

So sorry to hear about Darby. I hope she can stay comfortable for a while yet.

bibber is offline Senior Member

Laura, with tears in my eyes, I am so very sorry. My thoughts are with you, Darby, and Boomer, and the rest of your gang.

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Laura, I'm very sorry to hear this news about Darby. Darby, you, and all the crew are in my thoughts.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

pj

so sorry to hear about darby. you all are in my thoughts and prayers!

I am so sorry for all you and your whole gang are going through. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Laura, I'm so sorry to hear about the cute ear girl...
    Prayers for Darby, and Boomer as well.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast