Today you would be 6 sweet Annie.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today you would be 6 sweet Annie.

Kathryn Guest

DefaultToday you would be 6 sweet Annie.

Today is your Birthday Annie, you were born on July 3 at 1145 pm, and would be 6 today!* You were born in non-other than my bedroom, in a swimming pool. There was only one of you little buggers, so you were very spoiled and thought you were a human most of the time.* From the day you were born you slept with what would become your boy, Tyler.*
    Tyler and you formed a special bond that only man and dog have.* You were a very special part of our life and we tried very hard not to get attached. When you were 8 weeks old we took you to your new family's home, to live with your daddy. You were to be named Roxy.* Mom and I took you over to your home.* We played with you in the front yard and gave you kisses before we left.* We got in the car and drove home. You spent three hours at your new home, when your human mommy called and asked us to come get you.* She was upset that you had been crying for three hours nonstop and would not eat.* Mom and I went and picked you up and you were very excited to see us.
    Tyler named you Annie and from that day forward you and him because one. You went most places with Tyler.* You went on bike rides, swimming, and he would take you to the park to play.* You loved the mountain, the open space.* The one place you were not able to go was school.* Every day you would cry the moment he stepped out of the car, and every day he would come back just to give you a kiss goodbye.
    2 years ago Tyler took you swimming, we thought you hurt a toe, he had to pick all 97lbs of you up out of the water and take you to his truck.* He brought you home where he again had to pick you up to bring you inside.* You lay on the floor unable to walk.* Days went by and it seemed to get better.* 6 months later we took you to the mountain for dinner. You wouldn't listen to Mom or I.* Tyler left on his bike and you wanted to go also.* He got out of sight and you broke loose.* You scared Mom and I and we got in the car to go look for you.* We found you and brought you back to where we were staying.* Soon after your boy came back and you were very excited.* He took you for a bike ride and you came back with him.* We got you back home and the next morning you woke up not putting much weight on your leg.* We took you to the vet and thought you just needed 6 months rest and some meds to help.*
    A few days after Christmas you lost your doggie mommy, Bailey (mama dog as we called her a lot). You were heart broken unable to find her.
    Then in March we took you into the vet again to have your leg looked at.* you seem unable to walk on it at all any more and had a very upset tummy.* A week later you were scheduled for ACL x-rays and surgery.* The day before surgery you got very sick again.* They took blood and you went home with us.* Later that afternoon they called and said that we wouldn't be doing the surgery.* We took you in that next morning to have an IV flush and see if your blood values would drop. You had 2 sets of IV flushes with that vet and couldn't get a straight answer as to what was going or where to go from there.* They wanted to keep you one more night but Tyler went out to bring you home any way.* They didn't want him to see you but he gave them hell!* He went and sat next to your ICU cage...* He came home crying for you.* The next morning we went out to get you.* You were so excited to see us!* We asked to get your blanket that we had taken for you that you loved to sleep with in the living room.* They lost your blanket and found it with another dog.* I went out to pay them, get your blanket, and a copy of your blood work.* We were going to see Dr. Horsh as recommended by Aaron's sister who's a vet tech out at where Dr. Horsh works. Your blanket came back smelling so bad as soon as I got it home I trashed it, and had to put up a fight for your blood results.
    You went and saw Dr. Horsh.* You were such a good girl out there.* We tried so hard to make you better.* We did everything we could for you, but lost your battle May 11th 2006.

We miss you so much Annie.* We know you are in a better place and out of pain.* Are able to run free with out any pain.* You are with your mommy Bailey, Lindsey our golden, Mocha our chocolate lab, and Grandma who I was never able to meet.* I know Grandma is take care of you, and all of our other furbabies from the stories mom has told me.* You are also with our sweet cats Holly, and Molly.

Today we remember you with this rose.* you were not a very girly dog but I don't think planting a log upright in a pot would look very nice, people might think I'm crazy.* So we remember you on your Birthday, Annie, with this rose!

Our dog family last fall, You, your sister Maggie, Copper, and your mom Bailey.

You and your second boy

You and our new family member Dakota.

You doing what you did best.* Being there to keep us from falling over.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Today you would be 6 sweet Annie.

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a lovely memorial.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

:'( Too young. Any age is too young really.
    So sorry.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

TobysTrix is offline Senior Member

Oh, so very sorry. Wonderful memorial to a life that was too short but full of love.
    Toby and Chamois say: GO STEELERS!
    [[IMG][/IMG]

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was truly a blessing to your family.

pj

what a wonderful tribute to your annie. i'm sure she's having a great day frolicking around happily with all of her buddies!

Wanted to check the boards one more time before we head off for vacation - now I'm sitting here crying. I am so sorry... What a wonderful family you must be.

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. What fun memories you have of sweet Annie. :'(

So sorry. What a loved dog she was

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Thank you for sharing Annie's story.
    Happy 6th, Annie...
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast