What do you consider a "day"? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you consider a "day"?

Taffys Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What do you consider a "day"?

3 days - IMO

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

Our boarding facility goes by nights, so in your case it would be Friday night and Saturday night, two nights.

My previous facility, however, counted from noon as the cut off. If a dog was dropped off before noon, it was a full day, and after noon was a half day. He was dropped off at 11AM, which is before noon on Fri, so a full day is counted. He was there overnight to Sat, which means he was there before noon Sat, so that is a full day. Again, he was there overnight Sat which means he was there before noon on Sun. He was picked up after noon, on Sunday, so that is a full day. Three full days.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

Guess I'll have to be more specific to Sid. I charge $20.00/day or $100.00/week. I was figuring that what ever the drop off time was, was the check-out time.

Max gets more household priveldges than my dogs do, and sleeps on my bed, stays loose in the house when I am gone, gets groomed, nails trimmed, ears cleaned and any training that might need brushing up on. (This time it was an ecollar re-fresher (actaully tone only) on what "COME" means!) He's a good boy, and Hoss enjoyed having his brother back to play!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bibber is offline Senior Member

My kennel used to charge by the night, so Friday morning to Sunday night was two nights at $18 per night.* About a year ago, they changed so that they charge per day, so Friday to Sunday is three days at $18 per day.* I just think you need to be clear whether you charge per night or per day.

At my kennel, the hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and even if I dropped off Friday at 7 p.m. and picked up at 7 a.m. on Sunday, that would still be three days.

Brenda, Sam & Bodie

Henery's place charges by 24 hour periods!

einstein's legacy is offline Senior Member

That's definately a 3 day charge around here!!

We dropped ours off early on a Saturday morning (like 7 a.m.) and picked her up on a Monday afternoon at about 6:00 p.m.
    We were charged for 2 and a half days.

As far as I know, the place we used to take Otis, if you were there at all that day, it counted as a full day. Morning or evening drop off, it didn't matter.

So, say we dropped him off at 5 pm Friday and picked him up at 8 am Sunday - they'd still charge us for 3 days.

We don't go there anymore, but not for that reason.

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

Looks like three days to me. He was there most all day Friday, all day Saturday, and all day Sunday. He should be glad you are taking such good care of his dog and not quibble over the price, IMO.

My breeder/trainer keeps my dogs for me when I travel. She also keeps them in her house with the rest of her dogs and takes great care of them. I will happily pay her anything she asks and I often bring her a gift as well. I'm thrilled to be able to leave my dogs in a place where they get lots of attention, great care, and they are comfortable.

mollyrock is offline Senior Member

3 days, no question.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast