Im so proud of myself! And Dakota also.

Thread: Im so proud of myself! And Dakota also.

Kathryn Guest

DefaultIm so proud of myself! And Dakota also.

I went and got Dakota and I icecream tonight and I decided to stop at the field at the high school here.
    I have never taken her to an open field to run. I decided after this week shes done really good about coming when called. If she wont look at me all I have to do is tell her to watch me put my hand out and tell her to come and she RUNS for me.
    So we stopped and there was another guy there with his dog and I decided to wait till he left. He just stood there and let his dog roll in bird poo. Eww.
    I gave Dakota a few bites of icecream and she loved every one of them. She knows if it comes in a cup and you eat it with a spoon she gets a bite. You don't call it icecream because she will go running to see who has it..
    So after they left I did our open the door wait come out commands. then we had to go over this rail.. if that wasn't funny.
    So we get to the field and I drop her leash. I still don't think she knew we were in the field. I had a hair tie for her. She doesn't much like balls. So we use hair ties.... I have a hair time with me ALWAYS.
    I tossed the hair tie for her and then decided to make her heel, sit, and we did a stay!!!!!!! AND SHE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I was SOOOO very proud of her.. She NEVER once took off.
    I think I did a very good job this far! I didn't have to call her to me. She did that all on her own! YAY!
    she did get very tired pretty fast so once she wasn't intrested in the hair tie I knew it was time to go.
    She came home ate and is now being a bad dog and wont stay off my moms bed where the cats sleep.

I knew Dakota could do the training I just wasn't sure if I could do it. I did. I did it! I was able to train Dakota...
    YAY us!
    I guess it also helps we went through puppy school and now doggie school. We graduate the 11th of July!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Im so proud of myself! And Dakota also.

good girl dakota!!!!!

maybe she can come give molly some tips on coming back when called lol
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

Kathryn Guest

I tell u the trick is icecream! lol

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

zgirls is offline Senior Member

Ah, Dakota, you good girl! You made your momma proud!
    Lee
    Mother of Zoe Mae and Zeb AKA The Mess Pot

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

Way to go Dakota!