Got the boys!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got the boys!

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

DefaultGot the boys!

Everyone seems OK, no horrible trauma to them it seems

I really thought they might hear our cars pulling up, or hear us talking outside before we came in, but it seemed to take them a moment to register that Mom and Dad were there.

When they finally did, it was Simon who was the most demonstrative, doing his ground-to-air launch again and again, trying to kiss my lips.

Then, because the baby gate to the kitchen had been left ajar, they took off into the house to go exploring :-[ Took me a minute to herd them back out. I'm glad the resident antisocial husky was crated at the time.

Surprise of all surprises, guess who seems the least affected? Simon, the one I was so worried about.

I still don't like doing it. It can't be a lot of fun for them. :-\ I think they just got quick bathroom trips and maybe a little playtime, but not much affection. But this was the best option to keep them safe.

We saw SOOO many dogs in Florida. Our hotel was dog-friendly, the beaches were dog-friendly (somewhat), and it looked like so much fun to have your dog there to enjoy it with you. Maybe next year the boys will be a bit more settled. We talked about maybe trying Cape San Blas next year.

Anyway, OMG, soooo good to have them home!

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Got the boys!

Glad they were ok

Glad that they both made out okay Connie. I swore when I got another dog that I wouldn't let it keep us from going anywhere. We did that for many years with our last dogs.....or we took them with us..... which wasn't ideal. Well we've been away exactly once (and only for 2 and a half days) in well over a year, and I phoned at least once a day to check on her. I got the same response as you....she's doing fine. I wanted details. LOL She WAS fine when we got back, but our next trip away with be a whole 5 days and I'm already concerned about leaving her. It's not that I don't have confidence in the kennel, but it's not home.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sloigo is offline Senior Member

Glad everything went ok & you are BACK, CONNIE!! YEA!!!! ;D
    Karen, Mom to the Lab Monkeys:
    Daisy DoBug YL 7 yr old
    Kiana YL 5/2006
    Piglet 4/2006 Lab @ Heart
    Liberty 7/2/2009
    **Bella Mia 5 yo (RIP~2/07)**
    *Molly Blu 2.5 yr old (RIP~7/06)*

LOLIN.ORG Saving one lab at a time.

It's the best feeling in the world to get your labs back Almost the highlight of my vacation! Glad they did well.

Glad you and the boys are back!!! ;D

biscuit is offline Senior Member

I know I am always SO HAPPY to see Biscuit when I get home from a trip that I'm almost crawling out of my skin to get to the kennel- so I can only imagine how you felt!
    I have to travel for work sometimes and have family far away, so I have to kennel Biscuit a couple of times a year. I know that he definitely doesn't like it, so if I'm gone for only 2-3 days I leave him with friends who I trust. But if I'm gone for an extended period of time (over 4 days or so), that seems like too much to ask from friends, so I kennel him.. I pay for alll the extrra services like lots of playtime and such, to assuage my own guilt mostly. The reports from the kennel staff are that he goes into hibernation mode. But, I know he's safe and will be in one piece when I get back.

But, anyways, I am sure your furkids may appreciate you even more now- Welcome back

<br />Kristin &amp; Biscuit

Mia&Buddy is offline Senior Member

I am glad that you are all home, safe and sound!

When I picked up Lady (our family lab#1, 1990-2002) from the kennel after her first time staying there, I expected many kisses and the happy dance. What I got was a dog bent on pulling on her leash (to go to the car, I thought) but who actually wanted to smell a bush that had been just out of her range all week. Here I am, thrilled to see her and she couldn't have cared less. She spent about 5 minutes sniffing the bush however.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

[email protected]!

We had a LOT of leash pulling too. It took a couple of walks last night to straighten it out :P

I guess I thought the reunion would be notched up a bit more than it was, too. I was just beside myself trying to get up there.

One thing I noticed: Looks like they gained a little weight. : I think I had trimmed them down a bit before we went, especially Angus, and now he seems right back up there. Lack of exercise, I guess. Well, this morning they are chasing each other all over the yard like mad, so maybe it'll melt back off now that they're back to their regular routine.

This morning both boys seem back to 100% normal.

I think today we'll go on a couple of field trips...I'll take Angus to the place where I buy dog food, and maybe Simon can go to Home Depot with me! ;D

Connie and "The Boys":
    Angus, Yellow Lab, CGC, RE, CD
    Simon, d.b.a. Flat Coated Retriever, CGC, RE, CD

Gone ahead, but forever in my heart:
    Crash, Pit Bull x Rottweiler x Golden Retriever

georgie is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a nice reunion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast