How to train your dogs and not know it...

Thread: How to train your dogs and not know it...

MYJAKE is offline Senior Member

DefaultHow to train your dogs and not know it...

Both dogs can be preoccupied with something when I walk into the kitchen. The moment I say "who is going to help me with my lunch", they are both over by the counter sitting pretty and waiting for me. Brody is already drooling before I get there. I always fix a slice of bread with peanut butter on it and tear it in half for the both of them. I have some pictures, but they are at home. Does anybody else have an abnormal trigger command for their dogs to do something?
    Gary - Owned by Jake and Brody in Georgia

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: How to train your dogs and not know it...

When I say "Let's go upstairs, I have to get dressed"...Beau goes to his toy basket, grabs a toy, thens goes and waits at the top of the stairs.

Who says they don't understand when you talk to them?? ;D

twiggygirl Guest

SUPPER (which is three times a day for my pup) is one of his FAVORITE words.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

If I say to my SU "I'm going to make supper" both of mine are in the kitchen. ;D

Also, Molly the older girl) knows "going" whether it's going out to eat, going to the kids, going to the store......she is running around like a nut & then sits by the door to the garage, she thinks she is going in the car. Who says these labs don't understand English!!

lubmylabs is offline Senior Member

I accidentally trained mine to tell me when the kettle is boiling. I always boil the kettle (old fashioned whistling type) to pour over their kibble, so when it starts whistling they of course think they are going to get fed. They will come to me at the other end of the house and paw at me until I go check the kettle.

penzpurlz is offline Senior Member

Duke makes a beeline to his kennel, when I say "do you want me to clean your ears." He hates having his ears cleaned by the way. Funny thing, If I even reach in the cupboard and touch the ear stuff box..not saying a thing,he makes a beeline for the kennel :
    Penny from Sunny Southern California