Moving with multiple Labs?

Thread: Moving with multiple Labs?

DefaultMoving with multiple Labs?

Husband and I are moving from FL to Arkansas in 2 weeks, I am leaving with my friend a couple of days ahead of him with 2 of the labs, he will be leaving in his truck a couple of days later with 1. What does he do if he has to stop for bathroom break etc, with Kayla?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Scout and friends Guest

DefaultRe: Moving with multiple Labs?

I take 2 sets of car keys so I can lock Scout in the car (parking break on) with the AC running while I go to the bathroom and grab a cold drink and food for the road.* She's usually drooling with excitement when I get back because I've got something for her too.*Little does she know it was in my pocket the whole time. She jumps out then and does her business, has her treat and a drink of water, and we're back on the road.

Good luck with the move!

That was our first thought, but my hubby's truck will not lock while engine is running, so we have to come up with something else. Anybody?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Try THE CLUB? I know it is not a perfect solution but it would deter someone from just driving off with the car even though it wouldn't stop someone from taking the dog unless you have it in a crate that is locked. If a regular crate doesn't fit in the truck then you could get an inexpensive ($25) collaspsible crate from Target and use a luggage lock on the pair of zippers. I would only have the dog in this crate while the truck is stopped. It is a little small. I use them for my dogs as a temporry solution since they are just a little too small for a lab to be totaly comfortable. Again to play devils advocate to steal the dog and/or the truck at a rest stop then a theif would have to be prepared with a hacksaw to cut the club and/or a knife to cut the crate and be able to do so without anyone seeing this while you hubby was gone for what less than 2 minutes going potty himself.