Possible tumor (Pics added) top/ thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible tumor (Pics added) top/ thread

sloigo is offline Senior Member

DefaultPossible tumor (Pics added) top/ thread

Update: (Saturday night) it does seem to be getting a bit more sensitive to her. Here are three views we got the first two by accident when they were consoling each other when they had to wait while I did my chores. Molly was ONLY cleaning ears & loving Daisy sweetly! I circled the area, when I tried to crop it, it distorted the pic terribly. Xrays Monday, then we will go from there. It does appear to be changing shape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have been watching a large raised area (about the size of a golf ball, sliced in half, but smoothed out) on the inside of Molly Blu's rear hind leg. It appeared suddenly & out of the blue right around her knee area. There appears to be NO PAIN but to feel it,* it is hard like bone. We have moved her leg around, touched the area & watched her play, she appears FINE. Thats what had us really worried, that & the sheer firmness of it. I made an appointment, went today & left crying.* :'(* He said it could possibly be a bruised patella, but they are normally EXTREMELY painful or a bone tumor. He was leaning toward the tumor but said the only way to tell was a xray.* With it being the end of the day, going into a holiday weekend I told him WE would prefer to wait till after Tuesday, treat it as we had planned, leash walks, Rymadyl 2xdaily (we had this left from a earlier injury with Mia & we had to stop using it due to her sensitive tummy), & see if it "goes down" any.* :-\* He was visibly puzzled about the leg itself & a little upset about the hardness of the area. He is normally right on track with whats wrong with the girls. He was like me, concerned it was so hard & she was unphased. I was ok in the office, but when we got in* the truck & she gave me a big kiss....I just lost it. She is fine.....mom's are trying to work through..if I can get her to hold still while she is resting, I will take a picture. She has been extremely TIRED, that is unlike her, thats about the only thing unusual. I think we shoulda names her CHECKBOOK BLU's instead of Molly Blu!* I am to call Monday or Wednesday at the latest, to update them or set appontment for her xray. At least I am off next week!* :'(
    Karen, Mom to the Lab Monkeys:
    Daisy DoBug YL 7 yr old
    Kiana YL 5/2006
    Piglet 4/2006 Lab @ Heart
    Liberty 7/2/2009
    **Bella Mia 5 yo (RIP~2/07)**
    *Molly Blu 2.5 yr old (RIP~7/06)*

LOLIN.ORG Saving one lab at a time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

The Texas Tank is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Possible tumor

Karen,

Sorry to hear this. You never know, Tank had that very hard mass on his side before he was dx with encephlitis and it is now gone. Will hope for the good news next week.
    Sandie, Tank 5/25/1998 - 07/08/2011, Orson & Sully

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry. I hope it's not anything serious and will go away on its own. Sending prayers for Molly.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Oh Karen I am sorry to hear this.

Sending good thougths this is nothing more than a bruise. I know it is very hard to stay positive.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Oh gosh... I feel for what you're going through. Truly hope it's nothing serious.

Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

mattgusmum is offline Senior Member

Keeping my fingers crossed that it is nothing serious, in fact hoping that the lump dissappears over the weekend.

Won't someone please feed me!

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

I hope and pray it's nothing serious. There are so many other things it could be, so we will keep our fingers crossed it's nothing much.

Prayers that it won't be serious.

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

Sorry to read this. Will keep you in thoughts and prayers. I remember how scared I was when I found Buddy's first lipoma and didn't know what it was - so I can understand your fear.

myfavoritedog is offline Senior Member

I am very sorry..you are in my thoughts and prayers...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast