Multiple dog people
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple dog people

Pam
    Pam is offline Senior Member

DefaultMultiple dog people

My hat goes off to all of you!!!!!!!!!!
    I've had Choco less than 24 hours and just went out to pick up the 'deposits' in my back yard. I can tell I am going to have to dedicate one trash barrel to dog poop for the next 10 days!!! I guess I'm spoiled. Buddy goes 2x a day. Pretty much in the same area. I'm not used to this. I have a rather large bag filled already. I was out there in the hot sun like Hiawatha looking here and there!!
    Having company over on Tuesday and I don't want the little kids stepping in anything out there. I can't decide where to keep it until trash pick-up day either. Zero lot lines here and neighbors will have company too. Surely don't want any odor traveling to either side.
    I thought about all of you as I scooped and picked. Especially Laura. I don't know how you do it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Multiple dog people

I make it a little easier by having a dedicated potty area and 20 gallon trash bucket just for them. It's not too bad to clean up as long as I do it a couple times a day. The bad days are the days after rainy days

We have two labs and I do dog duty daily. I have found that this way I stay ahead of the job, I don't have to worry if the grandkids come over, it takes less time, and it keeps the dogs from walking in it too. My youngest lab will walk as she poos so it's a challenge to clean up after her! Keep hoping that she will just pick a spot and do her thing but no.........she wanders as she goes. What's up with that! I use plastic grocery bags to dispose of the waste, tie them off and put them in my regular garbage. As the previous poster stated - if it rains.........not fun!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I keep a plastic trash bag inside a 5 gallon bucket. The bucket has a lid. I put cat litter in there to keep the odor to a minimum. With 3 dogs, I have to scoop twice a day.

I have 7 poopers ... I do poop patrol daily! Luckily, we have woods behind the house, so I can take out my frustrations by slinging poop into the woods!! lol

Pam

There's a tropical wave somewhere near here and we are getting some heavy rain sporatically. If I'm not fast enough, the piles will be like soup.

ZukinGriffins Mom Guest

My husband has the "duty" at our house, I swear he is out there everyday....but with the 3 dogs (now just two) :'( They sure go alot!

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

Our dogs are poop machines. The poop madness is never ending.
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

Trickster is offline Senior Member

I clear up the yard every day. If I left it for a couple of days the smell would be horrendous!!

Pam

OMG Sandy - 7.................. I didn't realize. God Bless you!!! Makes you wish you could convert it into fuel or something. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast