Birth announcement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birth announcement

DefaultBirth announcement

I'm the one who has posted a couple of times and we don't even have a puppy yet! Well, I found out this morning that the litter was born June 28!! I'm so excited. She had four females and three males. I have to call the breeder today to let her know our preference - male or female. I got some opinions from you all a while back. The breeder said her females are very attached to just her, whereas the males will bond with others in the house also (specifically I want the puppy to be close to my soon-to-be seven year old daughter). Her caveat was, of course, it depends on how they are raised. Any opinions? Thanks!! Deb

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Taffys Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Birth announcement

Just want to say congratulations!!! I've only had one lab - and she's female - so I can't really say about the sex. But Taffy is attached to everyone in our family. And is great with children. You must be sooo excited!!!

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!! Both my black male I had years ago and our chocolate female CoCo are extremely affectionate... but I will say that CoCo doesn't like to cuddle with a person, as much as beside someone... on the cool floor. Not sure if its due to her gender though.
    ~Jo & CoCo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!! ;D
    ~Lindsay

Congratulations! My late Bella was VERY, VERY attached to just me, but she was also a Lab rescue and I'm not sure what happened in her past, possible abuse because she seemed to pee everytime a male came up to her and said Hello. She wasn't much for cuddling, but wanted to be by my side every minute of the day.But, even though she was attached to me, she was a wonderful family dog. We now have a 12 week old puppy, who, well, it attached to anyone who will play with her at that moment!

clancey canuck Guest

Only have males.* Very affectionate.*

D'uh edited to say what I meant to say in the first place
    CONGRATULATIONS

pj

congratulations! how exciting!!!!!

Kathryn Guest

Congratulations!
    The weeks will go by so fast. Before I got Dakota the first few weeks went slow and then the last few went so fast it felt like it was unreal!
    My 5 month old female black lab LOVES our 2 year old. The last 2 days they have picked up playing cars together. They nap together and watch movies together. They are such great friends!
    We have had some friends and familys male labs come and go through our house and not been as affectionate. The only male lab that I have seen come close to how my 2 females are is my uncles dog, who he had ALONG time ago.

Good luck and Congratulations again!

maggieandfinn is offline Senior Member

Congrats

We have a female that we got from a rescue at 10 weeks old. She is now almost 8 months old. When she first gets up in the morning or we get home and take her out of her cage, she is very loving. Lots of hugs and kisses and when she is tired she loves to cuddle. Other than those times she kinda does her own thing. Sometimes she will be attatched to us and other times she wants to be left alone. But she acts the same towards me and my husband.

Buddy and Bailey is offline Senior Member

my female loves to cuddle but my male is more aim to please. I love them both

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast