Looking for an ex pen...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for an ex pen...

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultLooking for an ex pen...

I'm looking into buying an ex-pen that I can attach to Molly's crate. I think she'd like some extra space to chew her toys and maybe not wake me up so early (lol).

Would you trust buying something like that off e-bay?? I've seen a few that interest me, and they're expensive in the stores. I want to get her one that's 30 inches...I think the 24 would be too short.

What do ya'll think?
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

krisinme is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Looking for an ex pen...

I bought a 26 inch one and wish I had gotten a 30 inch one. I got mine from petfood direct. I know people who get them from ebay and they are fine. You just gotta watch the shipping cost.

I'll have to check that website out.

I found one on e-bay that is 30 inches w/ a buy it now option (I hate messing with bids) and including shipping it will cost me $47...I didn't think that was bad.
    *Stacey*

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

I personally wouldn't use it for that...but if you want to...here is a great place to shop:

http://www.petedge.com/shopping/prod...ctID=4107&AS=1
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Quote Originally Posted by Dani
    I personally wouldn't use it for that...but if you want to...here is a great place to shop:

http://www.petedge.com/shopping/prod...ctID=4107&AS=1
    Do you mind if I ask why you wouldn't do it? Just curious.
    *Stacey*

While I can't speak about an ex-pen, not having one, I can say this about ebay...I've been an ebayer for 6-7 years now, and only got burned one time...on an antique diamond ring some years ago. It turned out fine though, 'cause my local jeweler took the diamond out of the ring and made me a ring for the diamond.

I bought Tucker's crate there, the big size for a lab, only $69, including shipping. It was a great deal. Probably half the things in my home came from ebay (no kidding), plus clothes, jewelry, tons of other things.

You'd want to check a seller's feedback, email the seller with any questions, understand their policies, etc., and you can check websites or google search for an ex-pen, then compare with the ones you see on ebay.

That's my .02, FWIW.

Bear can jump up to my shoulders and thats just cause hes happy to see me. I know it would be higher if there was something he wanted. I couldnt use one of those.

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

We bought the 48" ex-pen and it is plenty high for CoCo... I can't see her being big enough to get out of that, besides there is not enough space for a good run-off & jump.

I bought ours off e-bay... around here they were at least $100 and with shipping we paid around $80 from a seller in Toronto (which was good for us, since we are in Canada).

Although we haven't been using the ex-pen at all since DH is off for the summer and we don't leave CoCo home for more than a few hours now - so she can go in her crate. We had originally used it for her as a puppy, with newspapers for pottying on in the pen attached to her crate, since she was alone all day. It worked very well for us.
    ~Jo & CoCo

Dani is offline Senior Member

Do you mind if I ask why you wouldn't do it? Just curious.
    Because once they are past being with their litter an x-pen doesn't do much but give them more room to back up and jump out...they won't see the extra space as room to stretch...they will see it as extra room to push your buttons. If she's waking you up and refusing to quiet, then she's training you, not the other way around. For a pup as old as yours, she should be just fine being in the crate.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

A really great place to buy all things dog related is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dogshowstuff/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast