She ate what?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She ate what?!

Kathryn Guest

DefaultShe ate what?!

We went to the vet. She ate something. Its blue and hard but sponge looking... I have NO idea what it could be... It couldn't be something she found in the house. She had to have sneaked it while I turned around for 3 seconds. What a bad dog!
    So we wait for it to pass since it is moving. Thank God.
    I talked to Dr. Horsh about the new girl out there and it sounds like I'm not the first one to say something.... go figure. She wasn't to nice today when we went out there.. *sigh* I like the vet, So I guess I deal with the front desk people?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Taffys Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: She ate what?!

I'm glad you got to the bottom of this, but of course not glad that she swallowed something. At least now you know what the cause is. I wonder why this didn't show up last week on the x-ray? And, would it take this long to pass? It sounds like the vet thinks it will pass on it's own. If this is what caused her to be sick last week, that's a long time to not pass it, isn't it? Never having dealt with a blockage (*knock wood*) I don't know how long it takes.

I hope Dakota feels better quickly. We will be on cyber poop patrol with you.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I hope it passes. I've been on many a poop watch. We all know how that is.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

Do x-rays pick up objects in color?

I'd be very interested to know what this blue, hard, sponge looking object is.

Hope it passes too.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Taffys Mom is offline Senior Member

Could it be a superball (or any ball)? If it was a bit chewed, it could look sponge-like.

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Hmmm. blue and hard and sponge looking, eh? Well, I'm no stranger to poop patrol. Hope it passes soon.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Taffys Mom
    If this is what caused her to be sick last week, that's a long time to not pass it, isn't it?
    Last week Dr. Horsh felt something but nothing came up in the x-rays. but was moveable.

Quote Originally Posted by zoesmom
    Do x-rays pick up objects in color?
    No while at the vet Dr. Horsh was able to get her to pass part of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffys Mom
    Could it be a superball (or any ball)? If it was a bit chewed, it could look sponge-like.
    The only ball type things we have are the LARGE and Xtra-large rubber ones you get at walmart for kids. They are all in the livingroom in toy boxes.
    We wonder if the little monster kids through something over the fence again. They know I wont go get them any more. 10 times a season is good enough for me. If the cant figure out how to KEEP them in their yard they dont need them.. I just dont understand if thats what it was how she ate it. I dont leave her alone outside because shes a black dog and gets VERY hot very fast.

Thank you all so much. Im just glad we know what is causing her to be sick..
    We were all ready to have a breakdown over here if we didnt find something out today.
    as things look today we can go back to puppy classes!

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

I am so glad you have an idea of what is making her ill, even if it means digging through poop for awhile!
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

Anxiously awaiting to see what the object is! It is amazing how they can find and destroy a foreign object in just seconds!

pj

glad to hear the mystery has been solved, continued good thoughts out to you guys and hope she's feeling 100% better soon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast