Were off to the vet again...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Were off to the vet again...

Kathryn Guest

DefaultWere off to the vet again...

Last night it started again.* We were getting ready for bed and Dakota got sick all over the bedroom floor.* then down the hall way.* I got up with her at 3 this morning and she was sick again.
    She seemed better this morning I gave her some rice and water.* I did my morning things and tried to do some yard.* Between the child and the dog I didn't get very far.* Dakota came and sat IN my lap and wanted my arms all the way around her, holding her like a baby.* She put her head on my shoulder and whined a little. Then she was fine.
    I put the baby and the dogs down for a nap and laid with them.* I was smashed between 2 dogs.* Its so hot in here and they both wanna be as close as they can get..
    Then I got up and gave her rice and water again at 1230 and an hour later it came back up.* *:'(
    This is so hard to go through right now.* We just put down Annie a little over a month ago and this is so hard.*

Wish us luck that we can find out what is wrong.. *sigh** we have to be there at 4:30.* I have 3 hours to wait till they can see me* ??? :'(* *I don't get it.* Why so long* ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Were off to the vet again...

I hope they can figure out what it is... we keep making vet visits for Adama, too. It seems that there's always something. ???

RangerMom is offline Senior Member

Sorry to hear this. Keep us updated, I hope they can figure out what is going on and that Dakota starts to get better.

Blackie and Ranger ...............................Reggie: 1996-2010 "Fly Reggie Fly"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

I must have missed something...Dakota is the little one, correct? She just got stung or bitten by something? Is this related to that? I guess I didn't know you'd gone to the vet...

PLease update!
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Momma to J and A
    I must have missed something...Dakota is the little one, correct?* She just got stung or bitten by something?* Is this related to that?* I guess I didn't know you'd gone to the vet...

PLease update!
    Dakota is my little one. She is 5 months today.
    We were at the vet last Thursday because she had been sick since wed. morning. Dr. Horsh thought she felt like she was blocked up so we did x-rays. there wasn't ANYTHING in her system at all. Then Monday Dakota and Maggie came back inside from going potty and with in mins she started to puff up. They don't stay out because they are both very dark dogs and we don't have shade in the back yard. I stand at the door and wait for them to finish. She couldn't have gotten into anything. I called the vet and someone was suppost to call me back that night by 6. I got a call yesterday at 4something in the evening. 24 hours after I had put in my first call. The lady who took my call is new out there and I DON'T LIKE HER. Shes not friendly with the humans or the animals. I felt like the call ended on the note that shes a dog she got bit or something, shell be fine, shes not a human. This is the first time I have had a prob. with any of them out there.
    My friend vets at the same place and the same girl who took my call Monday evening was very rude to her. She went to pick her dog up yesterday and asked if she was even ready since she hadn't gotten a call. She said she was ready, my friend asked for how long. The lady told her a few hours. my friend asked why no one could pick up a phone and call. She said! "I have been really busy and haven't had time" um.... Doesn't sound like someone I want around me or my animals....
    So this morning I thought I would wait it out and see if she just got to hot lastnight and thats why she got sick. But when she lost her breakfast and lunch at one time this afternoon I called back and got the girl who answers the phone during lunch.
    *sigh* And we wait..

jakeandmaddysmom Guest

Hope all is ok. It's so hard especially when they are so young. My little black girl is the one who always seems to have the troubles too. Good luck. P.S. the pic on your sig looks like it could be my two, I had to look twice

Kathryn Guest

Update post "she ate what"

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Kathryn:

I will say an extra prayer for you and Dakota.

Deb

My pretty girl, Lexi!

Kathryn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lexis Mom
    Kathryn:

I will say an extra prayer for you and Dakota.

Deb
    Thank you. We figured out she ate something... and now we just have to wait for the rest of it to pass... if there is more..

Taffys Mom is offline Senior Member

Hope you can get some answers. Poor Dakota.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast