I'm nervous!

Thread: I'm nervous!

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

DefaultI'm nervous!

I need all the luck you all can wish upon me. Tomorrow we leave for a weekend in Philly (to see my 'lil sister - well, not so little anymore). Why the nerves? We have never traveled with all three dogs before on a long trip! We made the three hour trip back from Dani's house with all three when we went to pick up Tatum, but 9 hours is a different story. We will be driving three hours tomorrow and then staying at a Kamping Kabin at a KOA (rather than tent it with the three of them). We will do the remaining six hours on Friday.

J&A are well traveled, but at rest stops Dh and I usually each take one and play with them. I'm not sure how we'll handle three. Tatum is so mild that I'm sure she will be okay, and I didn't see any signs that she gets car sick. But, I am nervous! We have a 14 hour drive to Maine coming up in August, so I guess this will be a dry (hopefully) run for that.

Does anyone have any experience traveling with two people and three dogs?

Thanks and pray for us (good thoughts welcome, too). ;D
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

pj

DefaultRe: I'm nervous!

hmmmm, no experience with 3 doggies, we've done a 6hr drive (pit stop mid-way at 3hrs) with 2 but never 3.
    i think it's probably normal to feel a little anxious and nervous, but sounds like you have a good plan and experience with J&A.

sending out good thoughts to you guys for a safe, fun trip!

I have only done two dog trips never three. My only advise is take paper towel, wet wipes (or bottled water) and zip lock bags just in case someone gets car sick! And should they really get sick a shop vac or vacuum at a car wash does wonders for cleaning up!!!!

Have a fun trip!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sending good thoughts and wishes for a safe trip