Doorbells ringing on TV...what do yours do?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doorbells ringing on TV...what do yours do?

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultDoorbells ringing on TV...what do yours do?

None of mine but Flynn ever responded. It's taken him almost two years to figure out what is "real" and what is "memorex". He used to run to the door every time he'd hear the Domnino's Pizza commercial when the doorbell rang. He's desensitized to that now, but it took a lot of "Flynn! It's only the TV! Come here, sweetie" wrangling to get him past it.

Do your young labs do this?

Seamus and Flynn

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ender's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Doorbells ringing on TV...what do yours do?

Ender gives his "big boy" bark at the TV when he hears a doorbell OR a dog barking.
    ~Lindsay

YES!!! The Domino's commerical is the worst!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kathryn Guest

Annie would bark at the phone ringing, all of them expect Dakota has barked at doorbells on TV

Anne is offline Senior Member

What do mine do?? HA!

They leap up from whatever prone position they are in. Look wildly around, as if to see if this is some sort of joke. Then they run (get this) to the window. :

Funnier still, we have never had a doorbell. Ever. Now, it's possible that they have been at someone else's home who has a doorbell. Do you suppose Doorbell Barking/Alerting is part of the general breeding principals for labs? Ya know, "even temperment" "sound structure" and "exceptional doorbell barking."

Murphy, Riley, and Piper

If the doorbell sounds like ours, Henery goes tearing to the front door, bigboy barking all the way!! I always have to call him back and say, "TV!! It's the TV!!" My silly boy! :

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

Theo seems to be able to distinguish between the TV doorbell and the real one (we have a 19" TV, so that might have something to do with it). But when we watch nature documentaries and there are dogs, or bears, or lions, or chimps, he watches very attentively, usually growling a little.

Caseys Mom Guest

Our cabin doesn't have a doorbell so my Labs don't know about barking when it rings. When my Dad's boxer came to live with us we'd all be lying around the house when she'd suddenly jump up and start barking at nothing. The first few times she did that Casey and Hershey jumped up and looked all around to see what was happening. And you could see them (and me) thinking "you're nuts, Miki, there's nothing happening."* It was a real duh moment for me when I finally figured out it was the doorbell on the TV that she was barking about. LOL

1scottie2labbies is offline Senior Member

Lol I work nights so when I come nothing is on. I will put the TV on mostly Lifetime. Do you know how many times the dorrbell ring on an episode of Golden girls? Everytime theat dorrbell on TV rings there goes Zoey leading the charge for the door, foloowed by Brodie barking thier heads off.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

I had a spaz dog. I mean major spastic; hackles, big girl bark, as though we was going to tear whoever was at the door into shreds.

at 3-1/2 she's now a semi-spaz w/the TV

If the real doorbell rings though, she'll tear whoever's at the other end into shreds. ;D Or so she thinks. Once I open the door, she grabs a toy, does cup ears and wiggles her cute little butt. Great watch dog I have. :
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast