chew proof dog bed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chew proof dog bed

JacobAlthea&Tatum is offline Senior Member

Defaultchew proof dog bed

Hi everyone~

I need some chew proof dog beds! Orvis has one, but it is 140.00 and I need at least three (and would like six).

Does anyone have any less expensive solutions?
    I'm Jenn. Keeper of two labs in my home and one forever in my heart.

Throw the ball, damn it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: chew proof dog bed

I use these, I love them!!! One is in our room and one is in the livingroom. The sides can be ripped up, but Frankie hasn't (surprise surprise!). $15.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Hey Amy

Can you give me a link? I don't see one.

Also, Tatum ripped them open at the sides in both cases. :

Three dog beds from Orvis = 400.00 (including shipping) that I don't really have on hand.

Throw the ball, damn it!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Oh sorry! I got mine at my local pet store. OK, the link is coming out all funky, but it was from Petsmart, just go to their site and search dog beds

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

I found these at a dog show recently. They are guareented or will be replaced. I bought 2 to be used primarily as crate pads, but tried to use them in Kodi's ex-pen. She promptly chewed the corners and got to a bit of the pad. However, if I cover t with a blanket, she seems toleave the corners alone. I will be contacting the compnay about replacing the pad she chewed however.

http://www.primopads.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Belles mom
    I found these at a dog show recently. They are guareented or will be replaced. I bought 2 to be used primarily as crate pads, but tried to use them in Kodi's ex-pen. She promptly chewed the corners and got to a bit of the pad. However, if I cover t with a blanket, she seems toleave the corners alone. I will be contacting the compnay about replacing the pad she chewed however.

http://www.primopads.com/
    Hi Karen~

I think we are going to go with these, but I have several questions. Did you order your online or buy them at a show? I am very uncomfortable that they have no physical address, or a phone number. All they list is an aol email account! Also, if you ordered yours, how long did it take you to receive it?

Thanks!

Throw the ball, damn it!

I have primo pads too and they work well in my travel crates. Are your dogs chewing while youre home? In their crate? Personally, I wouldn't give a bed to chewer, which is the reason Piper doesn't have one in her crate

Quote Originally Posted by JacksAndLabs
    I have primo pads too and they work well in my travel crates. Are your dogs chewing while youre home? In their crate? Personally, I wouldn't give a bed to chewer, which is the reason Piper doesn't have one in her crate
    Hi Nicole~

My newest one, two year old Tatum, has woken us up at 2 AM the last two night ripping her dog bed to shreds.* They are inexpensive and she is having fun, so I honestly wouldn't mind, but she needs something to sleep on and I'm afraid she will injest part of it.*

Since there are three dogs, I can't NOT supply her with a bed, because she will just take either Jacob's or ALy's, and then one of them will be without a bed.* So, I need three of the same thing.

They sleep in my room, on the floor.* Tatum has a crate in there, but the last few nights has wanted to sleep outside of it with J&A.

ETA: these are not for the crate, but are instead just for the floor. She doesn't chew during the day, and she doesn't chew in her crate unless she has a toy that she is trying to distroy. She only distroys her bed, and in the middle of the night.

Throw the ball, damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Momma to J and A
    Hi Karen~

I think we are going to go with these, but I have several questions. Did you order your online or buy them at a show? I am very uncomfortable that they have no physical address, or a phone number. All they list is an aol email account! Also, if you ordered yours, how long did it take you to receive it?
    Thanks!
    I got them at a dog show. I know I have a address for them from the reciept at home somewhere. If I can remember, I'll PM you with the snail mail addy tonight

luke from georgia is offline Senior Member

those primopads look awesome! wish i knew about those before i bought all my beds.

i do have the orvis toughchew for luke's crate, we have had this bed for over 2 years, and it is the only bed he has not destroyed during his past sep anxiety times, although there are a few holes in it. i need to check the store to see if there is anything they will do for me on that, but it's no big deal.

jenn, have you considered a temp time of no beds for the dogs. maybe tatum just needs time to get settled in and get used to the routine? at first, taylor used to chew on her toys in the middle of the night, which would wake me up, but she stopped that behavior after a couple of weeks.

"Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend." ~ Corey Ford

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast